Nature's sentinel outfit
|Nature's sentinel outfit|
|Release||9 March 2017 (Update)|
|Head||Nature's sentinel helm|
|Body||Nature's sentinel chest|
|Legs||Nature's sentinel trunks|
|Hands||Nature's sentinel branch|
|Feet||Nature's sentinel boots|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Once combined, it is impossible to disassemble the combined pieces. Pieces of the combined outfit will work with any non-combined pieces from other sentinel outfits as long as all other pieces are of the same outfit. The whole outfit can be recoloured to oaken, willow, maple, and nature by right-clicking any of the components (except the helm when worn).
These outfits are obtainable through collecting sentinel fragments (which requires level 70 Woodcutting) and combining these with the Invention skill at level 20 Invention and level 80 Woodcutting and talking to Wilfred northwest of Falador, then combining the pieces in your inventory. They were originally only obtainable during the Nature's Sentinel promotion on Treasure Hunter from 00:00 UTC 9 March to 23:59 UTC 13 March 2017.
Set effects[edit | edit source]
When the full set is worn, it has the following effects and abilities:
- 20 daily teleports to various Woodcutting locations (accessible through the helm):
- Normal trees: West Varrock and east Varrock
- Oak trees: West Varrock and east Varrock
- Willow trees: Draynor Village, Catherby, and the Barbarian Outpost
- Maple Trees: Seers' Village and Daemonheim Peninsula Resource Dungeon
- Yew trees: Seers' Village Graveyard, west Catherby, Edgeville, Varrock Palace, and Crwys district
- Magic trees: East Ranging Guild, Sorcerer's Tower, Mage Training Arena, south Tirannwn, and Crwys district
- Elder trees: East of Sorcerer's Tower, south of Yanille, Tree Gnome Stronghold, south of Draynor Village, Falador farm, south of Varrock, west of Lletya, Piscatoris, south of Edgeville, and north of Rimmington
- Active Crystal tree
- Active Evil Tree
- Teak trees: Tai Bwo Wannai, Ape Atoll, and south-west Castle Wars
- Mahogany trees: Tai Bwo Wannai, Ape Atoll, and Kharazi Jungle
- Arctic Pine trees: Snowy island north of Neitiznot (unlocked after starting The Fremennik Isles)
- Acadia trees: South of the Menaphos Imperial district VIP skilling area
- Choking Ivy: North Varrock Palace, east Varrock Palace, north Falador, south Falador, south-east Taverley, East Ardougne church, north Yanille, south Castle Wars, and Crwys district
- Overgrown idols: West of the Karamja shipyard and north of the Jadinko Lair
- 7% increased success chance while Woodcutting (stacks with the lumberjack auras).
- 7% increased chance to obtain bird's nests and crystal geodes (stacks with the strung rabbit foot, the Woodcutting cape's perk, and the (superior) tree-shaking scrimshaw).
- An option to automatically burn or fletch logs when cut (25% chance and stacks additively with the inferno adze). The fletched logs are consumed; no items are obtained. Whether the logs are received or consumed for Firemaking or Fletching experience can be toggled through the helm. This ability has no effect on bamboo or golden bamboo.
- The ability to contact Evil Trees through the helm (similar to the sunbeam crown and icicle crown).
- The ability to spawn a miniature evil tree once per day through the helm. This scales with your level and works like a divine location, but doesn't count towards your cap. This tree can only be chopped by the player who planted it (members only).
- Uses lumberjack clothing's bonus experience if owned, even while the set is in the bank, Diango or player-owned house (members only; currently bugged and grants 1% bonus experience on free worlds too).
The helm can be configured to define a quick teleport destination so that the teleportation destination dialogue can be skipped, and to toggle the automatic burning or fletching of logs.
Outfit pieces[edit | edit source]
|Nature's sentinel helm|
|Nature's sentinel chest|
|Nature's sentinel trunks|
|Nature's sentinel branch|
|Nature's sentinel boots|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- Dwarven Chainaxe abilities now work when wearing the full Nature's Sentinel outfit configured to consume logs.
- patch 19 April 2021 (Update):
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- The special effects of the Woodcutting outfit (burning logs for Firemaking XP and fletching logs for Fletching XP) now work in free worlds.
- Evil trees are now free to play. As such, the the Woodcutting outfit can now teleport to (but not spawn) evil trees in free worlds.
- patch 25 September 2017 (Update):
- The Nature Sentinel outfit no longer uses Bonus XP modifiers on non-members' worlds.
- patch 3 July 2017 (Update):
- A teleport option to Acadia Trees has been added to the Nature's Sentinel outfit.
- patch 20 March 2017 (Update):
- Players can no longer teleport to Evil Tree locations they don't meet requirements for using the Nature's Sentinel outfit.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Tweaked some information for elite woodcutting outfits to better explain what variants of the outfit it can be combined with.