Catalyst of alteration
|Catalyst of alteration|
|Release||27 September 2021 (Update)|
|Examine||A mysterious agent of Bik. A...mushroom?|
A catalyst of alteration can occasionally appear while wielding an active Scripture of Bik when using non-combat skills (though some non-combat actions don't count, while some combat actions can cause an appearance). The catalyst lasts for 30 seconds before disappearing and does not move around. Capturing it grants between 1-3 sealed clue scrolls of the same type (easy, medium, hard, elite, or master). The reward is weighted such that elite clue scrolls are the most likely to be received. The usual 1% chance to upgrade an elite clue scroll to a master clue scroll applies. There is also a separate single master clue roll at a very low rate. Furthermore, upon capturing the catalyst, the player receives the Nature's Veil buff, granting a 5% XP boost for one minute.
By default, the sealed clues are sent to the player's bank provided the bank is not full. If it is full, they are sent to the player's inventory. If the inventory is also full, they are dropped on the ground. Having Charos' clue carrier in the player's inventory will cause them to be stored there instead of the bank/inventory.
Messaging[edit | edit source]
When a catalyst appears, a chat message states:
When a catalyst appears with an active spirit attraction potion the following message appears instead:
After it is captured, the following message appears:
If the player has Charos' clue carrier in their inventory, the following message appears:
If the sealed clues are able to be placed in the bank, the following message appears:
- If the sealed clues are unable to be placed in the bank, they instead appear in the player's inventory, along with the following message:
- If the sealed clues are unable to placed in the bank and inventory, they instead appear on the ground, along with the following message:
After having been active for 30 seconds, the catalyst disappears with the message:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 February 2023 (Update):
- Seren Spirits and other similar 'distractions' should now appear correctly in the Senntisten Cathedral.
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- After gathering feedback, implemented a change to allow Clue Scrolls from the Scripture of Bik to go straight to the Clue Carrier.
- patch 11 October 2021 (Update):
- Players now have a greater chance to receive Elite Clues using the Scripture of Bik. The chances of receiving Easy, Medium and Hard Clues have been lowered accordingly.