|Release date||16 June 2009 (Update)|
|Examine||A collector of ancient artefacts.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Nastroth is the brother of Mandrith. He resides in the courtyard in Lumbridge in all worlds. He doesn't share his brother's enthusiasm for peddling in artefacts, preferring instead to be doing battle. However, he retired from doing so for unspecified reasons. He wears his outfit at his brother's behest.
Nastroth allows players to exchange ancient artefacts they have acquired as drops from revenants for coins. The artefacts he purchases from players are relics from the God Wars. Players cannot exchange the artefacts in noted form. In addition, Nastroth and Mandrith will not buy weapons or armour received as drops, as he advises the players to use them, rather than trade them for money.
Skill reset[edit | edit source]
Nastroth can also provide a skill reset on either Defence or on Constitution and Prayer. Players looking to reset Constitution and Prayer must have level 5 or lower in Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic and Summoning, while players looking to reset Defence must have a total level of 10 or more in Attack, Strength, Magic, and Ranged. If the player is in the rare case of still having level 9 in Constitution and resets their Constitution and Prayer skills, their Constitution level will not be increased to level 10.
Players must not have anything equipped, in the inventory, or in a Beast of Burden to request a skill reset. Players also cannot have items that would be removed by the reset stored in keepsake keys; any keepsake keys destroyed in order to reclaim items will not be refunded.
Players will be given a 7 day cooldown period, which can be cancelled at any point during the cooldown. If the player cancels the dialogue, or clicks no, they will have to wait another 7 days for the cooldown. Players cannot reset their stats more than once, though a bug will allow the player to restart the cooldown period after a previous reset. You will however not be able to reset again when the cooldown period ends. If players do not wish to have the opportunity to use either of these skill resets, they can ask Nastroth to never offer them again; however, this is a permanent change and cannot be undone once made.
Upon logging in during the cooldown, a warning message will be displayed:
Your account will become eligible for a stat reset in 7 days.
To cancel this, speak to Nastorth in the Lumbridge Castle courtyard.
Quests affected will not reward experience after completion, even if they were not completed before a reset. Players will obtain experience however, on the skill they reset.
Content that is reset[edit | edit source]
Several quests, miniquests, and Achievement Diary tasks are reset when the player resets their skills, and their rewards are lost. Completing the quests or tasks again will not reward the player with experience, except in the skill that was reset. The following content is removed or reset from the player if they choose to start a reset of any kind with Nastroth:
Items[edit | edit source]
- The Defeater title
- Imcando pickaxe (turns into dragon pickaxe)
- Superior elite void knight top (gets converted to non-elite variant)
- Superior elite void knight robe (gets converted to non-elite variant)
- Gold mining suit (removed from bank and house)
- Attuned crystal armour (removed from bank, house and keepsake)
- Defence cape and variants (removed from bank and keepsake)
- All Monkey greegrees
- All Holy water vials
- Golden bowls
- Gold helmets
Quests[edit | edit source]
- A Clockwork Syringe
- A Soul's Bane
- Back to my Roots
- Between a Rock...
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- The Darkness of Hallowvale
- Defender of Varrock
- Dimension of Disaster: Defender of Varrock
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Do No Evil
- Dragon Slayer
- Dream Mentor
- Elemental Workshop III
- Elemental Workshop IV
- The Firemaker's Curse
- Fur 'n Seek
- Fur 'n Seek/Wish list
- Glorious Memories
- Grim Tales
- Heroes' Quest
- Holy Grail
- In Aid of the Myreque
- In Search of the Myreque
- King of the Dwarves
- King's Ransom
- Legacy of Seergaze
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Lunar Diplomacy
- Monkey Madness
- Nomad's Requiem
- Olaf's Quest
- One of a Kind
- Rag and Bone Man
- Rag and Bone Man/Wish list
- Recipe for Disaster/Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- Recipe for Disaster/Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
- Recipe for Disaster/Freeing King Awowogei
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Royal Trouble
- Salt in the Wound
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Brink of Extinction
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Fremennik Isles
- The Fremennik Trials
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Throne of Miscellania
- What Lies Below
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Witch's House
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Bandos's Memories and catching 13 Bandos chronicles
- Chimp ice deliveries
- Knight Waves training ground
- New Varrock Tasks
- Mahjarrat Memories
- One Foot in the Grave
- Tune Bane Ore
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Nastroth now requires a bank pin and the seven day grace period when performing a skill reset, regardless of whether an account has an attached authenticator.
- patch 30 August 2016 (Update):
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Players resetting their Defence level will no longer have The Blood Pact quest reset.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Hooded and retro skillcapes are now removed from players who undertake relevant skill resets with Nastroth.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- An issue with pure resets not resetting some sections of Dimension of Disaster has been resolved.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Players who have reset their skills will now receive Defence/Prayer/Constitution experience rewards where applicable.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Nastroth, RuneScape. "I am Nastroth. Like my brother, Mandrith, I'm a collector of ancient artefacts. I'm just not as excited about it as he is."
- ^ Nastroth, RuneScape. "Truth be told, I'd much rather be out there with the rest of you, breaking bones and cracking skulls."
- ^ Nastroth, RuneScape. "My days of battle are over. Now I spend my time here, collecting ancient artefacts."
- ^ Nastroth, RuneScape. "Mandrith is my overly excited brother and the one who made me wear this outfit."
- ^ Nastroth, RuneScape. "As the blood and sweat of warriors is spilled on the ground, relics of the God Wars are drawn out from the dirt where they were once left forgotten."
- ^ Jagex. "Our Rollback Policy, Reset criteria." RuneScape Customer Support.
- ^ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=lS-OYkDgk7Q/forums.ws?14,15,361,66109481