Nails are primarily used in the Construction skill. They can be made of any free-to-play metal that can be smithed, although only bronze, iron, and steel nails are available to free players.
Nails can be made from a bar of the same metal at an anvil. Each bar yields 75 nails. Black nails cannot be smithed, and can only be acquired from Ogre coffins, zombie hands, skeletal hands and as a possible reward from an easy clue scroll.
Players should bring more nails than needed, as nails will bend occasionally. Lower-levelled nails are more likely to bend. When carrying multiple types of nails, the highest levelled nails are used first.
Nails can also be used in Fletching to make brutal arrows.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- Bronze and iron nails are now available to free players
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Logic for using nails has been rewritten.
- The picture always shows 3 nails, even when you only have 1.
- You can work with planks with more than one type of nails simultaneously.
- The in-game skillguide would refer to steel nails by default, even if any type of nail could be used.
- Nails do not have level requirements to use, unlike most items made of different types of metal.