Mutated jadinko males are mutant forms of the jadinko males that reside within Jadinko Lair. Normally responsible for fertilising the Jadinko Queen's eggs, mutant males would attack any of their non-mutated cousins given the chance. They require 91 Slayer to kill. These monsters, along with the level 86 mutated jadinko guards, are the only creatures to drop the whip vine, however the males have a higher chance of dropping it.
Like all mutated jadinkos, they are a good source of blue charms, noted logs, and medium to high level herbs. They are usually a fast kill and perhaps among the fastest sources of blue charms, comparable to exiled kalphite guardians and marauders.
Each mutated jadinko male kill gives the player 10 favour points with the jadinkos. Each jadinko killed while wearing the Mask of Vines (or associated helm) will increase its kill-counter.
Mutated jadinko males are weak to Stab attacks. Players are advised to kill them using Stab weapons, such as a Zamorakian spear or better, and melee Power armour, such as Bandos equipment. A noxious scythe or an attuned crystal halberd is another option, and can be used to inflict a great deal of AoE damage, leading to faster kills. Low-levelled players may wish to bring an emergency teleport. Juju teleport spiritbags or a Witchdoctor mask can be used to easily reach the mutated jadinko males.
Although they require 91 Slayer to damage, mutated jadinko males are not overly strong. Their damage output is low and they commonly drop food. Additionally, points received from killing them can be traded in for food. They drop mainly noted and stackable items and there is a bank deposit box right up the vine next to the queen. Most players able to damage mutated jadinko males will have high enough combat stats that they can heal solely using the food drops. Soul Split or Rejuvenate/Guthix's Blessing/Ice Asylum/Enhanced excalibur (they all share the same cooldown) can be used to heal if the food drops alone are insufficient.
The seedicide is also very useful as they frequently drop seeds. This can yield around 40,000 to 50,000 Farming experience per hour, depending on the kill speed. They are also great blue charm and elite clue scroll droppers.
Praying magic while fighting these creatures will cause the nearby roots to hit you for typeless damage; disabling your magic prayer will stop the attacks from the roots.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 25,671 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- ^ This drop only attempts to roll should you fail to roll a hard clue, should you get this item, there's a 1% chance it'll be upgraded to a sealed clue scroll (master).
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- Jungle Predator ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Karamja.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Monsters with multiple variants will now consistently spawn as those variants when newly placed in the Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- ninja 22 July 2014 (Update):
- Seedicide will now convert seeds dropped from killing Jadinkos in the Herblore Habitat area.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are no longer aggressive.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are now given as a Slayer task.
- Mutated guards and males now have a larger graphic relating to their life bar.
Mutated jadinko male concept art.
- Their weakness appears to defy the combat triangle - they attack primarily with melee, but are weak to stab attacks. This results in the monster being ranged-based because of the weakness, but they do not have any ranged attacks. It is unknown whether or not this is intentional.
- For a long time after the Evolution of Combat, mutated jadinko males attacked with magic, although before that they used melee attack regardless of armours. With a hidden update they now use their old attack styles, melee only unless the player uses protection prayers, in which case they use magic.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 466,968 kills, shared between all forms of mutated jadinko.
- This had increased to 467,049 by 6 May 2018.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"