Mutated jadinko babies require 80 Slayer to harm and can be found in the Jadinko Lair, which is located east of Shilo Village on Karamja. The lair itself can be accessed through a hole in the cave roof. Although they do not drop the coveted whip vine, they are still hunted for their 100% drops of mutated vines and excrescence, which are used for making sagaies and bolas. In addition, they can drop high level noted herbs, including Snapdragon and Torstol, as well as noted logs. They can also drop ancient effigies, rare as they may be.
Killing these will gain you 3 favour points with the Jadinkos.
Mutated jadinko babies attack mainly with melee, but if the player moves out of melee range or activates Protect from Melee, they will also use magic attacks which consist of a vine coming out of the ground and hitting the player. These attacks are slow and inaccurate, but if they hit, they will usually hit hard. Despite their high max hit, mutated jadinko babies commonly drop various jadinko fruits that restore 800-2000 life points each and give various benefits (depending on the fruit). The fruit drops are so common that higher level players won't need to bring food for the few times that they do get hit. However, care should be taken for those who have low defence, as they have an unusually large amount of health and max hit for their level. They however, have a very low defence so it should be quite easy in killing one without taking too much damage. Players using Sagaies or other sorts of Ranged should be careful as they will start with a magic attack, and will get closer to you to attack with melee.
Jadinko baby concept art.
They are able to bind the nearby vines to attack you.
Ranging them is not advised as they look like a 2x1 monster, but are actually a 1x1 sized monster, making it able to pass through most safespots. Meleeing them is a better alternative.
- 5-10 pieces medium level food (optional as jadinko fruit is a common drop and recovers 1200 life points each)
- Emergency teleport (optional, but at least a spare Juju teleport spiritbag is needed in case of death)
- Extreme/Super attack and Extreme/Super strength (optional)
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 26,490 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Grimy toadflax (m)||1 (noted)||Common||12,723||0|
|Grimy spirit weed (m)||1 (noted)||Common||14,506||0|
|Grimy avantoe (m)||1 (noted)||Common||1,127||0|
|Grimy kwuarm (m)||1 (noted)||Common||13,198||0|
|Grimy wergali (m)||1 (noted)||Common||2,349||0|
|Grimy cadantine (m)||1–2 (noted)||Uncommon||2,877-5,754||0|
|Grimy ranarr (m)||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,047||0|
|Grimy irit (m)||1 (noted)||Uncommon||4,645||0|
|Grimy lantadyme (m)||1 (noted)||Uncommon||9,556||0|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||1 (noted)||Uncommon||9,078||0|
|Grimy snapdragon (m)||1 (noted)||Uncommon||1,803||0|
|Grimy torstol (m)||1 (noted)||Rare||7,350||0|
|Blue blossom seed (m)||1||Common||260||Not alchemisable|
|Green blossom seed (m)||1||Common||118||Not alchemisable|
|Red blossom seed (m)||1||Common||96||Not alchemisable|
|Harralander seed (m)||1||Common||289||7|
|Cactus seed (m)||1||Common||343||59|
|Marrentill seed (m)||1||Uncommon||211||3|
|Tarromin seed (m)||1||Uncommon||140||4|
|Toadflax seed (m)||1||Uncommon||3,687||20|
|Spirit weed seed (m)||1||Uncommon||21,637||10|
|Irit seed (m)||1||Uncommon||872||38|
|Wergali seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,105||38|
|Avantoe seed (m)||1||Uncommon||543||38|
|Kwuarm seed (m)||1||Uncommon||38,455||38|
|Cadantine seed (m)||1||Uncommon||3,013||38|
|Ranarr seed (m)||1||Uncommon||950||11|
|Snapdragon seed (m)||1||Uncommon||524||38|
|Lantadyme seed (m)||1||Uncommon||2,328||38|
|Dwarf weed seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,473||38|
|Bittercap mushroom spore (m)||1||Uncommon||2,756||51|
|Morchella mushroom spore (m)||4||Uncommon||1,220||204|
|Jangerberry seed (m)||1||Uncommon||27||36|
|Watermelon seed (m)||1||Uncommon||4,020||33|
|Strawberry seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,163||10|
|Whiteberry seed (m)||1||Uncommon||143||79|
|Limpwurt seed (m)||1||Uncommon||4,887||7|
|Torstol seed (m)||1||Rare||979||38|
|Wildblood seed (m)||1||Rare||121||8|
|Poison ivy seed (m)||1||Rare||130||99|
|Belladonna seed (m)||1||Rare||3,371||106|
|Common fruit (m)||1||Common||0||0|
|Shadow fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Igneous fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Cannibal fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Aquatic fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Amphibious fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Carrion fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Diseased fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Draconic fruit (m)||1||Uncommon||0||0|
|Camouflaged fruit (m)||1||Rare||0||0|
|Guthix fruit (m)||1||Rare||0||0|
|Saradomin fruit (m)||1||Rare||0||0|
|Zamorak fruit (m)||1||Rare||0||0|
|Mahogany logs||7–28 (noted)||Common||2,317-9,268||210-840|
|Yew logs||13–17 (noted)||Uncommon||2,418-3,162||1,248-1,632|
|Magic logs||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon||1,245-4,150||576-1,920|
|Juju teleport spiritbag (m)||1–2||Uncommon||3,143-6,286||1,200-2,400|
|Sirenic scale (m)||1||Very rare||443,166||6,000|
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are no longer aggressive.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are now given as a Slayer task.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 466,968 kills, shared between all forms of mutated jadinko.
- This had increased to 467,049 by 6 May 2018.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*