Mutated jadinko guards appear in the Jadinko Lair east of Shilo Village, on Karamja, and require a Slayer level of 86 to kill. They are popular for the whip vine drop, as they are the only monsters besides mutated jadinko males to drop it. Using bolas on it will cause it to attack you with the nearest jade roots. Mutated jadinko guards are considerably more dangerous than their combat level suggests; having a max hit exceeding 400, and 6000 life points, a string of lucky hits can quickly kill a player. They will also switch attack styles based on your protection prayers and are difficult to safespot, so it is nearly impossible to negate all damage. While their strength and health may be very high, they have somewhat low accuracy and defence.
Each one killed will yield 7 favour points with the jadinkos.
Mutated jadinko guards, along with males and babies, share a similar melee and magic attack. However a guard's melee attack is strong and occasionally hits above 200. Their magic attack is also high-hitting, but it doesn't hit often with even 95 magic defence bonuses. Using protection/deflection prayers will cause them to use the other attack they have to thwart prayer flashing on them. If players use Deflect/Protect from magic and they are unable to attack you, they will attempt a whip attack with nearby vines. but the vines hit extremely low, from 1-17. This attack is also triggered when a player targets a dreadnip to attack a mutated jadinko guard. They can bid multiple vines, along with males to attack you. So if a player were to stand near middle and there were 5 vines around him and the guard/male could not reach them, it will bid all five of them to attack the player at once, which is more dangerous than the standard attacks.
Mutated jadinko guards are weak to Stab attacks. Players are advised to kill them using Stab weapons, such as a Zamorakian spear or better, and melee Power armour, such as Bandos equipment. Low-levelled players may wish to bring an emergency teleport and/or food, such as sharks. Juju teleport spiritbags or a Witchdoctor mask can be used to easily reach the mutated jadinko guards. The use of Dharok`s set effect can prove useful in Legacy mode at higher levels. Effectively making it possible to one-hit them most of the time. Food is dropped often enough that high-leveled players will not need to bring food if soulsplit is available. Bring an aggression potion and prayer restore flasks. They are grouped together, so bringing a halberd weapon is advised.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 7,235 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- Jungle Predator ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Karamja.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Monsters with multiple variants will now consistently spawn as those variants when newly placed in the Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- ninja 22 July 2014 (Update):
- Seedicide will now convert seeds dropped from killing Jadinkos in the Herblore Habitat area.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are no longer aggressive.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Mutated jadinkos are now given as a Slayer task.
- Mutated guards and males now have a larger graphic relating to their life bar.
- Their magic attacks, along with other mutated jadinkos, seem to be a vine attack from beneath you, similar to the old special attack of the abyssal vine whip, but only hits you once.
- If they manage to hit you with their magic attack, after the projectile reaches you, there's a one second delay before the damage shows up. It is unknown if it affects the babies or males, and might be an oversight from Jagex.
- Upon release of the Evolution of Combat, these monsters were aggressive, causing complaints from several players. This was fixed with the release of the Kalphite King on 14 January 2013.
- Their weakness appears to defy the combat triangle - they are weak against a melee style (stab), but they use melee as their primary attack style, and magic as their secondary. It is unknown whether this is intentional.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 466,968 kills, shared between all forms of mutated jadinko.
- This had increased to 467,049 by 6 May 2018.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"