Murknose is a seemingly powerful goblin who preaches the word of Bandos, effectively acting as his emissary. He can be found at the entrance to the Asgarnian Goblin Village. According to Murknose, if one chooses to follow Bandos, the Big High War God will "make you strong". Murknose will also provide a banner of Bandos and a Book of the Gods. The title "[Name] of Bandos" may be activated through this emissary.
After Bandos' death, Murknose continues to act as an emissary, preaching that Bandos was right all along and someone stronger came and defeated him (Armadyl). Murknose continues to advocate that the strongest should rule, and encourages the player to ally with whoever they believe to be the strongest. He will give allies various tasks to complete.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- A typo when a player has been supplied with body armour for a god emissary has been fixed.
- Although only Goblin High priests are allowed to refer to Bandos with his actual name under special conditions (in all other instances the term "Big High War God" is the proper title), Murknose seems to break this rule. This is, according to Mod John A, "for the sake of clarity to the player. If you want an in-universe explanation, I think goblin religion may have had a shake-up in light of the gods coming back, so the goblins are letting the rule about who gets to say 'Bandos' slide. Or it could just be Murknose."
- According to Bandos (if you are aligned to him via the emissaries), he will say that Murknose did not tell him that the player was a human. This occurs during Missing, Presumed Death.
- Murknose is the only known Goblin to have red irises and yellow sclerae.