Quick guide for Murder Mystery
|Start point||Sinclair Mansion, situated north of Camelot and north-east of Seers' Village.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
House of crime[edit | edit source]
- Inside the mansion, go to the crime scene in the room on the east side with the criminal's dagger on the floor.
- Take the pungent pot and criminal's dagger and investigate the window to find a criminal's thread.
- Go to the south-west room in the mansion and search Anna's barrel to receive Anna's silver necklace.
- Just north of Anna's room, search Bob's barrel in one of the rooms to receive Bob's silver cup.
- Climb up the staircase.
- In the room west of the staircase, search Carol's barrel to receive Carol's silver bottle.
- South of the room, search David's barrel to receive David's silver book.
- Head to the opposite side of the floor and in the south-east room, search Frank's barrel to receive Frank's silver pot.
- North of that room, search Elizabeth's barrel to receive Elizabeth's silver needle
The evidence[edit | edit source]
- Go to the gardener's shed in the very north-west of the mansion and take seven flypapers from the sack.
- Fill a pot with flour from the kitchen.
- Use the flour on the dagger and use flypaper to lift the fingerprint.
- Repeat with the silver objects.
- Compare each fingerprint by using each person's print with the unknown print.
- Once a match is found, the silver items may be dropped aside from the matching one.
- Go to the mansion's gate and talk to Gossip. Ask him who he thought did it.
- Go to the pub in Seers' Village and talk to the Poison Salesman (to get there quickly, you can teleport to the Seers' Village lodestone, which is located right in front of the pub). Ask who he sold poison to at the house.
- Or if "The Fremennik Trials" is started.
A criminal revealed[edit | edit source]
- Go to the person with the matching fingerprint and ask what they used the poison for then search for the object:
- Or if the player still has the criminal's thread with them
- Find evidence.
- If the prints match Elizabeth, search the fountain.
- If the prints match Bob, search the beehive in the cow pen.
- If the prints match Carol, search the drain on the wall directly north of the row of potatoes.
- If the prints match Anna, search the compost heap.
- If the prints match David, search the spider web upstairs between the two south rooms.
- If the prints match Frank, search the family crest outside on the wall east of the main entrance.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Return to the guard and give him the fingerprints, tell him about the poison, and show him the criminal's thread obtained earlier from the smashed window.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 2,000 coins
- 1,406 experience
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Murder Mystery is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- Nomad's Requiem
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- While Guthix Sleeps