The official world for RC Running & ZMI Altar
is world 36 (P2P
Mud runes are combination runes. They count as two separate runes: one water rune and one earth rune. Thus, any spell requiring one water rune, one earth rune or both will spend only one mud rune.
They can be used to activate Hunter urns, or be ground to make Ground mud runes, a secondary ingredient for Extreme magic potions. Grinding the rune awards the player with 1 Herblore experience. These uses contribute to the value of the rune.
Mud runes are also used in the quest The Eyes of Glouphrie.
With Runecrafting level 13, mud runes are crafted from pure essence and either water runes and a water talisman at the Earth Altar or earth runes and an earth talisman to the Water Altar. The water or earth runes must be used on the opposite altar to craft the combination mud rune, for selecting the imbue option on the altar performs regular runecrafting. The respective talisman is consumed in the runecrafting process. However, a talisman is not consumed if using the Magic Imbue Lunar spell.
Combination runecrafting has a 50% success rate, yet a binding necklace enables a 100% success rate. Players receive 9.3 experience for combining earth runes at the Water Altar and 9.5 for combining water runes at the Earth Altar.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 March 2015 (Update):
- It is now possible to make up to 60 of these runes at a time, up from 10.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to Grind-X when grinding these runes.
- As with all combination runes, the highest number needed for a spell is 30, for the Charge Orb spell series.
- The mud runes inventory icon, along with the other combination runes, was unaffected by the update on 9 June 2010. The other runes were altered slightly.
- You can find multiple mud runes lying around in the Living Rock Caverns from other players' training.