A lonely old mountain giant from The Island that Reflects the Moon, who had been cast out by his tribe, once captured a captain and their crew, 'adopting' them as his children. One day, tired of being treated as his child, the captain told him that they weren't his child. The giant put them high up on a mountain cliff as a time-out. The captain climbed down the cliff and made a break for shore. When they returned a few days later to rescue their crew, the giant and the crew were gone.
Voyages[edit | edit source]
- In The Mountain Giant voyage of The Scythe, a flat-headed mountain giant has gone on a mad rampage. The portmaster's crew must kill it to make the area more secure.
- In a To Gain through Death voyage of The Scythe, The Assassin steals a vast supply of spice from a man-eating flat-headed mountain giant.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Captain (player-owned port), RuneScape. "Oh, I've got a story that'll make you laugh. Well, as you've probably heard, there's not too many monsters on the Wushanko Isles. We've got more than enough monsters in the seas around them. But there's plenty of giants on one island. Can't remember the name now - oh, er, 'The Something that Reflects the Moon'. Sorry, it's gone. Anyway my crew and I were captured by a lonely old mountain giant, who'd been made an outcast by the rest of his tribe. We all thought we were goners, but the giant was somehow convinced we were his children. It kept calling us 'runts' and patting us on the head when we sat still and didn't speak. One day I annoyed it, tried to tell it that I wasn't his kid, but he was having none of it. He put me high up on a mountain cliff for a 'time-out'. Long story short, I managed to climb down the cliff and make a break for shore. I returned a few days later with men to try and free my crew, but the giant and my crew were gone. For all I know, he's still trying to tie bibs around my crew's necks."
- ^ The Mountain Giant, RuneScape. "A flat-headed mountain giant has gone on a mad rampage. Bring it down to end the spree and make the area more secure."
- ^ To Gain through Death, RuneScape. "The Assassin has heard that a man-eating flat-headed mountain giant has a vast supply of spice. Help her 'take' it from him."