Motherlode Maw enhancer
The Motherlode Maw enhancers are possible rewards from the Motherlode Maw in the Edimmu resource dungeon, from Wythien at the Meilyr Clan district in Prifddinas, or occasionally from Meg if the Adventurer in Training perk is selected at May's Quest Caravan. Enhancers come in two major versions: damage enhancers, which increase damage against specific targets, and reward enhancers that have varied effects.
Enhancers come with a specific number of charges, which varies per enhancer. Unfocused enhancers of the two main types (damage and reward) can also be obtained, which can be converted into any other enhancer of that type freely, granting half of the maximum amount of charges (e.g. an airut damage enhancer has 150 charges; converting an unfocused damage enhancer into an airut damage enhancer grants 75 charges).
When obtained, enhancers are added directly to the enhancer interface managed by Wythien. Within the interface one can toggle on or off each enhancer individually, allowing the effects to be active at all times (until the charges are depleted or toggled off).
Unwanted enhancers can be traded in with Wythien for 1 crystal motherlode shard. This requires trading a full enhancer-worth of charges per shard (so trading airut charges requires 150 charges per shard). Less than a full enhancer-worth of charges cannot be traded in.
Damage enhancers[edit | edit source]
Damage enhancers generally drain one charge per damaging hit against their relevant target.
|Unfocused damage enhancer||N/A||Can be exchanged for any other damage enhancer|
|Airut damage enhancer||150||Inflict 10% more damage against Airut|
|Cadarn warrior damage enhancer||500||Inflict 10% more damage against Cadarn magi and Cadarn rangers|
|Dominion tower damage enhancer||500||Inflict 10% more damage to bosses in the Dominion Tower|
|Nihil damage enhancer||150||Inflict 10% more damage against nihil|
|Qbd damage enhancer||150||Inflict 10% more damage against the Queen Black Dragon|
|Rush of blood damage enhancer||500||Inflict 10% more damage against monsters in Rush of Blood|
|Volcanic damage enhancer||1000||Inflict 10% more damage to Fight Kiln monsters|
Reward enhancers[edit | edit source]
Reward enhancers drain one charge per activation trigger, which varies per enhancer.
|Unfocused reward enhancer||N/A||Can be exchanged for another reward enhancer|
|Artisans' workshop respect enhancer||200||Gain twice as much Respect from Artisans' Workshop for every item smithed worth 0.25% or more respect (every 2,500 experience item or higher)|
|Barbarian assault point enhancer||15
(7 from unfocused)
|Gain twice as many role points in Barbarian Assault|
|Black knight kill enhancer||30||Every Black Knight you kill will be worth twice as many kills towards your rank|
|Castle wars token enhancer||20||Double the tickets are obtained when gold castle wars tickets are gained after completion of a game|
|Champion scroll enhancer||250||20% increased chance of getting a champion's scroll drop for the Champion's Challenge minigame|
|Chimp ice enhancer||50||Freezing a chimp ice with ice spells will freeze it for twice as long as normal|
|Chompy bird enhancer||100||Each chompy bird killed will count for twice as many kills|
|Dark beast assignment token||2||Morvran will always give you a dark beast Slayer assignment|
|Fish flingers medal enhancer||20||Gain twice as many Fish Flingers medals|
|Livid farm point enhancer||500||Gain 1.5 times the normal produce points from Livid Farm|
|Morvran's challenge enhancer||2||Automatically resurrects you if you die when fighting any of the bosses involved in Morvran's slayer challenge|
|Player-owned ports enhancer||5
(2 from unfocused)
|Grants a random event reward when activated|
Removed[edit | edit source]
|Mobilising armies point enhancer||100||Doubles Mobilising Armies rank gain|
Other enhancers[edit | edit source]
The following enhancers are not considered a part of the Motherlode Maw enhancers and do not share the interface with them.
- Revenant drop enhancer
- Wilderness slayer xp enhancer
- Vital spark drop enhancer
- Sophanem slayer dungeon drop enhancer
- Shifting tombs reward enhancer
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 June 2019 (Update):
- Newly converted Motherlode Maw enhancers will no longer be missing a charge.
- update 17 June 2019 (Update):
- Enhancer management interface added at Wythien, allowing toggling the charge-based passive effects of each enhancer without needing to carry the enhancer item.
- All owned enhancer items automatically converted into charges upon login, notified by the login message
- Any mistakenly remaining enhancers can not longer be activated, only converted into charges.
- Partial enhancer charges can no longer be traded for partial motherlode shards.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- ninja 16 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can now deactivate unused Motherlode Maw enhancers to make them stack in the bank and activate them whenever needed them for no cost.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With the addition of the management interface, a bug when converting enhancers made each enhancer have 1 charge less than they should - particularly devistating to the low-charge enhancers like the Morvran's challenge enhancer. This was hotfixed within the day; however, it was not retroactive to those who had already logged in that day and lost charges.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 17 June 2019. (Archived from the original on 19:52, 17 June 2019 (UTC).) Mod Shauny: "#RSHotfix: Newly converted motherlode maw enhancers from your first login after today's game update will no longer be missing a charge, for players affected by the bug prior to the hotfix (which was launched at 15:18 game time) we're unable to return these enhancers... :("