For other types of greegrees, see Greegree
A player transforming into a Karamjan monkey using the monkey greegree.
A monkey greegree is a wieldable item in the main hand which allows players on Ape Atoll and in the Ardougne Zoo to turn into a Karamja monkey. While in this form, the player will be safe from Ape Atoll's inhabitants (the monsters become tolerant). To make a monkey greegree, the player must take monkey bones or a monkey corpse from a Karamja monkey and a monkey talisman to Zooknock in Ape Atoll Dungeon.
It is mainly used during the Monkey Madness quest where players need it to pretend they are the envoy of Karamja monkeys. When wielding the greegree, the Spellbook is disabled, but tablets can be used.
A Hard Ardougne Task requires the player to hold a monkey greegree and talk to a monkey minder, who will put you in the monkey cage. To get out, just unequip it, and talk to the monkey minder again.
The different greegrees can be combined by using one on another. This adds both of the greegrees to a list that can be accessed via the Swap option on any of the greegrees that the player owns, and in the process deletes the greegree that was used on the other. The greegree can then be turned into any of the greegrees by selecting it in the list.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players can now access the adventures interface whilst having a monkey greegree equipped.
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- Swapping to a different monkey greegree via one that is not yet stored will now store that type as well.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Equipping a greegree whilst being punched by a monkey guard will no longer disfigure the player.
- Despite the examine text, the remains of a monkey from Mos Le'Harmless will also work.
- When transforming, it uses the same effect as the old animation of being hit by Wind Blast.