Bottled dinosaur roars
are used in high level potions (for example vulnerability bombs
). Raising rex dinosaurs with the goal of getting these roars can be profitable while also giving a lot of farming experience. With an optimal setup, seven animals can be growing at all time on average, using a single breeding pair in the breeding pen. Higher level dinosaurs give more experience and resources.
The strategy for this method is as follows:
- Go to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm. It can be reached from a Max Guild garden skilling portal (including through grace of the elves), or the mystical tree upstairs in the Manor Farm.
- Check the large pens and breeding pen. Any animals should be health checked, and any non-breeding elder animals should be removed. Make sure the troughs have enough food to last until your next visit.
- Check the breeding pen. If the large pens have space, move non-breeding animals to large pens.
- If all pens are full, temporarily replace breeding animals with a male and a female adult animals (if possible). It is better to have animals with bad perks breeding than no animals breeding at all. This way, you can have up to 10 animals growing at the same time.
- If space is available again, put the breeding pair back in the breeding pen.
- Sell elder animals (except breeding pair) for beans or to other players.
It is recommended to check once or twice per day to maintain the 7 animal average. Higher level animals grow slower and make maintaining the average easier, but it is feasible to do this with any of the large pen dinosaurs.
Maintaining food in the large pens is not required, but healthy and happy animals give significantly more experience than sick ones. The produce remains the same. Meat can be purchased from the grand exchange or from Fresh Meat after As a First Resort.
This table details the expected returns at each level, assuming 7 animals growing at the same time on average:
||Roars per day
||Profit per day
||Experience per day
||Beans per day
||Bagrada rex (player-owned farm)
||Corbicula rex (player-owned farm)
||Pavosaurus rex (player-owned farm)
A comparison of all dinosaurs can be found on this subpage