Killing rune dragons
85+ (97 recommended)
|Fate of the Gods required to access the World Gate|
Ritual of the Mahjarrat for dragonbane ammunition
The World Wakes (optional) to get Sixth Age Circuit
|Inputs (1,159,397.31)||Outputs (6,161,452.83)|
2 × Searing overload potion (6) (307,152)
10 × Super restore flask (6) (246,840)
101.72 × Spring (355,405.31)
250,000 × Coins (250,000) For gear repair
262.5 × Rune bolts (unf) (51,450)
236.25 × Magic logs (95,681.25)
59.06 × Black dragonhide (137,674.69)
31.5 × Onyx bolt tips (236,502)
11.81 × Uncut dragonstone (117,569.81)
17.72 × Large plated rune salvage (541,803.94)
2.63 × Dragon longsword (151,759.13)
2.63 × Off-hand dragon longsword (149,850.75)
0.16 × Draconic visage (193,917.28)
0.33 × Dragon plateskirt (52,712.63)
0.33 × Dragon platelegs (52,932.14)
0.11 × Ragefire gland (22,401.31)
0.11 × Steadfast scale (1,440,749.62)
0.11 × Glaiven wing-tip (164,225.03)
84 × Reinforced dragon bones (1,428,924)
84 × Small plated rune salvage (1,241,268)
82,031.25 × Coins (82,031.25)
The profit rate assumes 84 kills per hour. Your actual profit may be higher or lower depending on your speed.
Rune dragons has a special mechanic which is divided into 3 phases. The fight starts with the Armoured Phase which will last until the rune dragon has 45,025 lifepoints or below which will let it enter onto the Flying Phase and lastly Enraged Phase which starts at 22,522 lifepoints
Note: Every time the rune dragon transitions between phases, the attack that dealt the damage which caused the transition will be reduced to deal only 10% of its original damage.
Phase 1 - Armoured Phase
- Any attacks that are not dragonbane will significantly be reduced.
- Use only Dragonbane ammunition or dragon bane weaponry (sword, longsword, 2h sword)
Phase 2 - Flying Phase
- Will be immune to all melee attacks
- Will not be able to do melee hits
- Throughout this phase, the rune dragon may breathe a bright blue plume of enhanced dragonfire, dealing magic damage. This attack cannot be fully blocked by a super antifire or wyrmfire potion, and will deal a minimum of 450 magic damage. However, if the player is far enough from the dragon, a small cloud appears under the player indicating the enhanced dragonfire is being used and can be avoided by moving away from it.
Phase 3 - Enraged Phase
- The dragon becomes vulnerable to melee attacks
- The dragon gets stronger with every attack. It stops using enhanced dragonfire and returns to standard dragonfire. It also starts using its melee attacks again.