Harvesting cursed energy
|Sliske's endgame recommended|
|Turned in a completed memory-storage bot (Cres) to the Archivist|
|Inputs (396,727.65)||Outputs (7,548,000)|
0.33 × Energy-gathering scrimshaw (396,727.65)
25,500 × Incandescent energy (7,548,000)
Cursed energy can be woven into incandescent energy at a rate of 100:150 if you have 95 Divination. However, this activity is very risky, since the cursed wisp colony is located in level 25 Wilderness in a multi-way combat area. While carrying cursed energy or memories, players will be unable to teleport in any way and all wilderness combat level restrictions will be ignored, thus allowing players of any level to attack them.
To get the most out of this method, go to the colony and use the muspah pouch. All collected memories should be converted into energy. Once the duration of the muspah is done (assuming you haven't been killed), head back to Edgeville and weave all cursed energy into incandescent energy, which can then be sold for 296 each on the Grand Exchange.
Further profit could be achieved via the following means:
- an elder divination outfit provides a 7% chance to harvest double memories and energy at once, and a 5% chance to harvest five times the normal memory from a wisp. The outfit is always kept on death, even when skulled.
- depending on the tier, the enrichment aura increases the chance of getting an enriched memory by up to 15%
- the Ring of Whispers gives an invisible +3 boost to the player's Divination level
- a grace of the elves randomly causes a Seren spirit to spawn, awarding the player with items from the rare drop table. However, this increases the risked wealth.
- a luck-enhancing item increases the chance of obtaining a clue scroll while training Divination and offers improve access to the rare drop table. This also increases the risked wealth.
- an energy-gathering scrimshaw gives a 15% chance (or 20% for the superior version) of doubling the energy received
- the Divine Conversion relic power allows the player to convert their entire inventory of memories at once
- having turned in a completed memory-storage bot (Cres) to the Archivist permanently increases the energy gained when converting memories
It is advised to bring gear suitable for escaping player killers. As of the 25 September 2017 update, player killers frequent the area much more often due to the changes to cursed energy. If you are unable to use the Elder divination outfit, it is advised to bring a set of royal and a shield as well as food and brews. Cheap armour and equipment (a set of royal dragonhide and a royal crossbow will suffice) can allow you to survive against hostile players. It's recommended to bring some prayer potions, food and a shield with the Mobile perk to get as far from a player killer as possible. If you have a tier 3 Player Lodge unlocked on Anchronia, you can place the Divination cape on the skillcape stand to use its passive effects without risking it in the Wilderness.
It may be possible to increase the profit even further by selling the cursed energy directly. Although cursed energy cannot be placed on the Grand Exchange, it can be traded between players. Checking the official RuneScape forums for the street prices is recommended; as cursed energy converts to regular energy at a 100:150 ratio, it would be worth selling the cursed energy if the street price is greater than 150% of the most expensive energy that the player can weave.
Use of the Divine-o-matic vacuum negates the negative effects of the cursed energy, due it converting gathered materials into a divine charge, which remains inside the vacuum until withdrawn by the player. Use of the vacuum along with the Elder divination outfit, Muspah and a Divination skilling aura greatly increase profits to exceed the listed amount above. However as of a February 2019 update, players will ALWAYS lose the vacuum on death, so take this into consideration.
|Type||Level||Sell unwoven |
if price is above