Crafting fire runes through the Abyss
Small through Giant pouch Runecrafting pouches
|Hero's Welcome (recommended)|
|1,306,434||85,470 (119,658 with demonic skull)|
|Inputs (235,134)||Outputs (1,541,568)|
4,440 × Pure essence (222,000)
1.5 × Abyssal titan pouch (13,134)
13,764 × Fire rune (1,541,568)
At average speed, one can do about 60 trips to the fire altar via the Abyss per hour, using the Wilderness sword 3 to teleport back to Edgeville, and using the tool belt items to mine through the rocks in the abyss. You need to recharge your pouches every 7 to 9 trips, to prevent the giant pouch from degrading.
The Mage of Zamorak is located in low-level wilderness, near the source of the River Lum. This is a fairly safe area, but there might be player killers so it is advised not to take expensive items on the trips to the abyss. It is also a good idea to use a less-populated world. The best setup would be cheap but protective gear. Inside the abyss, the creatures will be aggressive and might do a fair amount of damage. See Abyss#Strategy for more information on how to navigate the abyss. Once inside, enter the fire rift and craft the essence in your inventory and your pouches. Teleport back to Edgeville with an amulet of glory and repeat.
There are a few methods to further increase the profit:
- Wearing Explorer's ring 2 or higher grants a 10% chance to craft an extra rune while also giving extra experience. Not wearing the ring results in a loss of 7,770 (10,878) experience and 49,728 coins per hour.
- Completing Hero's Welcome gives an additional 5% more runes.
- An infinity ethereal outfit allows the player to hold an additional 12 essence.
- Every two minutes, players can drink a powerburst of sorcery to double the rune multiplier for the next 10 seconds.
- The arcane apoterrasaur's perk gives up to a +2 multiplier for elemental runes.
- Crafting runes via the Abyss gives a chance of obtaining a magical thread. The chance is increased with a demonic skull equipped.