Crafting blood runes through the Abyss
|Inputs (2,300,383)||Outputs (30,371,579)|
The numbers listed assumes using all 5 pouches, the Infinity ethereal outfit, and the Abyssal Titan, and running 90 trips per hour while using the powerburst of sorcery every fourth trip. It also assumes that the player is wearing the demonic skull for increased XP and magical thread.
Using the small through massive Runecrafting pouches, an Abyssal titan, the full Infinity ethereal outfit, and reserving one space for a Powerburst of sorcery, you can hold up to 102 essence per trip, resulting in a profit of 143,106 coins per trip (assuming 99 Runecrafting). Be sure to regularly repair the pouches as the giant pouch degrades after 12 uses or use the Pouch protector relic power.
The Mage of Zamorak is located in low-level wilderness, near the source of the River Lum. This is a fairly safe area, but there might be player killers so it is advised not to take expensive items on the trips to the abyss. It is also a good idea to use a less-populated world. The suggested outfit is as follows (make sure enhanced excalibur has the Mobile perk):
It is highly recommended to set up an action bar as show above, with the pouches and ethereal body on it so that they can be quickly filled. A typical trip would look like:
- Open bank, right-click fill Massive pouch
- Load preset
- Fill Giant, Large pouches by pressing their keybinds
- Take from Abyssal titan (can be put on action bar)
- Fill Medium, Small pouches and Infinity ethereal body by pressing their keybinds
- Load preset
- Run to wilderness wall (surge when you can do so in a straight line to the wall)
- Cross the wall
- Bladed dive immediately after crossing the wall.
- Surge after passing the tree to go deeper into the wilderness
- Click on Zamorak mage to teleport (you can configure teleport to be the left-click option by right-clicking him and selecting configure)
- Angle yourself in the Abyss and activate Surge to go diagonal toward the blood portal. Click the portal just after you press the Surge keybind.
- Drink a powerburst of sorcery if off cooldown, then craft the runes
- Teleport to Edgeville bank with the wilderness sword.
Here is the list of possible boosts to number of runes crafted:
- Morytania legs 2, by 10% (included automatically if wearing an ethereal outfit)
- Hero's Welcome quest, when completed, offers a 5% boost
- The higher the runecrafting level, the greater the chance of extra runes, up to 15% at 99
Other helpful items and abilities:
- Nexus Mod relic will change the Zamorak mage's teleport so that you arrive an the centre of the Abyss
- Pouch Protector relic will prevent pouches from degrading
- Bladed Dive and Double Surge codex allow for faster trips by speeding up movement
- ^ Untradeable. Using calculated value from materials.