Mod John A
|Mod John A|
|Role||Senior Content Developer|
|Employed||2005 ─ 11 August 2014|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Mod John A was a senior content developer at Jagex. He is best known for creating the entirety of the Dorgeshuun quest series and its characters, as well as curating the latter half of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series following Mod Vincent's departure. Throughout the development of his first dwarf quest, Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf, he wrote a series of seven development diaries about it. He has also written two diaries about his concept of the Signature Heroes and One Piercing Note, another well known project of his. In August 2014, he left The Guardians and Jagex following the release of the Elf quest series finale, Plague's End, and the post-quest dialogue for the Red Axe finale, Birthright of the Dwarves.
He starred in the third and fifth episodes of Above the Lore. Throughout April and June 2013, Mod John A ran a forum thread in the suggestion forums, asking the community to help him with writing the finale of the Rise of the Red Axe series, by suggesting story elements, reminding him of things from previous quests that could be forgotten, etc. He did the same for the finale of the elf quest series in 2014.
Contributions[edit | edit source]
- The Golem
- Blast Furnace
- Tears of Guthix
- Tears of Guthix
- Goblin Diplomacy (rework)
- Shadow of the Storm
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Evil Dave
- Dragon Slayer (rework)
- The Lost Tribe
- Death to the Dorgeshuun
- Another Slice of H.A.M.
- Perils of Ice Mountain
- Stealing Creation (with Roderick and Maylea)
- Land of the Goblins
- Demon Slayer (1st rework)
- The Great Orb Project (with Maz)
- While Guthix Sleeps (additional writing & code review)
- The Chosen Commander
- Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf
- Web of Shadows
- The Blood Pact
- King of the Dwarves
- Holly and Hawthorn
- Lava-flow Mine and update
- Signature Heroes
- One Piercing Note
- Rune Mysteries (rework)
- Rune Memories
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- God Books update
- 2014 Winter event
- One of a Kind (secondary developer)
- Bandos's Memories (design)
- Plague's End (lead)
[edit | edit source]
Mod John A is also the author of the following Lores and Histories:
- The Chasm of Lights
- The Coat Thief
- The Song From Before The War
- The Burning Tower - Ariane's Tale
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod John A's Twitter account. 11 August 2014.
- ^ Jagex. Above the Lore - episode 3: Ozan, Owen and Ariane - The Signature Heroes Mod John A Above the Lore podcast, 30 May 2013.
- ^ Jagex. Above the Lore - episode 5: Bigging up the Dwarves Mod John A Above the Lore podcast, 4 July 2013.
- ^ Mod John A. "Dwarf quest: What do you want?." 17-05-2013. New Game Content - Suggestions Forums.
- ^ Mod John A. "Campfire - Answers." 27 June 2013. General Forums.
- ^ Jagex. "The Chasms of Light." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
- ^ Jagex. "The Coat Thief." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
- ^ Jagex. "The Song From Before The War." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
- ^ Jagex. "The Burning Tower - Ariane's Tale." RuneScape Lores and Histories.