|Employed||1999 ─ March 2021|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Mod Ian was an audio developer at Jagex. He initially joined the company to man Customer Support and then spent some time dividing his time between audio and content before joining and eventually heading the audio team in 2003. The audio team is currently led by Mod Lord, however. For Old School RuneScape, he has composed multiple tracks on various content.
As content developer
As audio developer
Ian has composed 635 music tracks, including:
- Observation Outpost
- Inner Conscious
- Rise of the Rout
- Thok's Grand Escape
- Thok's Grand Entrance
- On the Run
- Thok's Big Adventure
- What Lies Beneath?
- Subdued by the Sand
- He was the first person to join the Gower brothers at Jagex, and thereby the fourth Jagex Moderator. He is the longest serving Jagex employee being employed from 1999 to 2021.
- His favourite music tracks are the 'bouncy' and comical Keldagrim and Troll Country tracks, as well as Undead Dungeon.
- Several tracks by Mod Ian originally started off as one track but were split into others when they became too long.
- ^ a b Mod Ian, Mod Bond and Mod Dan A. "Audio Team - Music, Sound Effects and the Sound Bank." 15 August 2007. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Mod Hooli. Mod Ian has been jailed for child sex offences. Reddit. 19 August 2021. (Archived from the original on 19 August 2021.)
- ^ Ian Taylor jailed. 19 August 2021. (Archived from the original on 19 August 2021.)
- ^ Ian Taylor sentenced. 19 August 2021. (Archived from the original on 19 August 2021.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ian's Twitter account. 26 November 2020. (Archived from the original on 26 November 2020.) Mod Ian: "[Was: Scape Original originally too long so it was made into 3 different tracks, Trinity being one of them?] I think that was Scape Main that was split into 3 tracks not original. I used to do a lot of this when I wrote tracks - various songs started as one then turned into 2 others!"