Mizaru is one of the three wise monkeys who reside in the Temple of Marimbo. He interacts with the player as one entity with Kikazaru and Iwazaru, and they help players during the Monkey Madness quest and Freeing King Awowogei subquest of Recipe for Disaster, where they guide the player in making a stuffed snake for Awowogei. In Do No Evil, the monkeys assist the player in establishing a monkey colony in the desert. During the quest it is revealed that he lost his senses as a side effect when Amascut stole Apmeken's sight.
Mizaru is blind but he overcomes his disabilities by co-operating with the other wise monkeys and communicating via sign language with them. This co-operation allowed them to escape the massacre of the desert monkeys carried out by Leeuni, Ayuni, and Eruni at Amascut's command.
He along with the other two wise monkeys are important figures in the quest Do No Evil where the player reminds them about their goddess Apmeken and they charge the player into bringing monkeys back the desert, which the player does, taking them as well.
- During one conversation, Mizaru calls the player a "cheeky monkey", a common British phrase meaning someone who's been rude or naughty, often in a humorous way.
- Mizaru (見ざる), Kikazaru (聞かざる), Iwazaru (言わざる), can be translated from Japanese as "Don't see, Don't speak, Don't hear", where the word "-zaru" (猿) can also be translated to monkey (猿). The three can also be translated as "See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil." The maxim, Three wise monkeys (san'en, 三猿), is Japanese in origin.
|Part 11 of the Desert quest series|
- Monkey, ghost
- Monkey, ghost, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat, enchanted
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel, enchanted