A mithril grapple is used to grapple onto objects such as strong trees, rocks, or walls in order to cross Agility Shortcuts. It is wielded in the arrows slot and used with any crossbow or salamander.
Occasionally the grapple may break, so it is a good idea to have multiple grapples in your inventory. When a grapple breaks, the following message appears in the player's chat interface: "After untying the rope, you find that your grapple is broken and useless".
Some grapple spots do not require players to bring their own grapple, as one may be stored in a hidey-hole. Alternatively, it is recommended that players craft an enhanced grappling hook which can be added to the tool belt, reducing the need to bring a grapple to each location.
Players can use an off-hand variant of a crossbow to grapple onto objects.
Use a mithril bolt with a Mithril grapple tip to produce an Mithril grapple (unf), then use that on a rope to produce the mithril grapple.
A player grappling the wall in Falador.
Players will need any crossbow or salamander along with the grapple to perform these agility manoeuvres. A Dorgeshuun crossbow or Zanik's crossbow will also work.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- The message for a grapple breaking no longer appears when using the grapple on the toolbelt.
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- The grapple tree south of the poison waste spirit tree will now correctly work with the toolbelted grappling hook.
- ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
- A permanent grappling hook can now be made with a Mithril crossbow, 5 Mithril bars, and a Mithril grapple. This can be added to the toolbelt.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- Free players can now craft mithril grapples.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Players are now able to make more than 3 mithril grapples at a time.
- patch 5 July 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted player animations when attempting to grapple while performing other actions.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- Improved the code and animations for the wall grapple in Yanille.