The Mime is a random event that was added on 2 August 2004 and removed on 24 October 2012, in which the Mysterious Old Man suddenly teleports players to the Mime artist's stage. The player had to copy the mime's actions correctly to complete the event.
The mime would perform an emote, and the player had to choose the same emote from a list of 8 emotes shown in a dialogue box. When the player performed enough correct emotes, they would be awarded with a Random event gift.
If a player rotated the camera to look at their audience, they would see three Strange Watchers. The colours of these three beings correspond with the colours of the three main gods, Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak. There were a total of 84 chairs in the area and 81 were empty.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- The Mime and Drill Demon random events are now using the updated chat interface.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Following a graphics update, the Mime's face became transparent, leaving only his mask. This has since been fixed.
- If a player examined anything during the event, it would give the player a dialogue box showing the examine text which had to be closed by clicking "Click here to continue".
- It was possible to rest during the event, and upon being prompted to select an emote, the player would stand up, do the emote, and sit back down. This was most likely a glitch, as trying to do an emote anywhere else while resting yields the message "Emotes aren't very restful."