The mighty slayer helmet is a level 70 slayer helmet with bonuses equivalent to a refined anima core helm of Sliske. It is the second to best Slayer helmet, behind the corrupted slayer helmet. It is made by upgrading a strong slayer helmet for 600 Slayer points at any Slayer Master, although subsequent upgrades will only cost 60 Slayer points. Players must be wearing the strong slayer helmet in order to upgrade it.
The slayer helmet is an all-class item, which means its armour stat is used in full when defending against any style. It can also be used as an enchanted gem.
For 500 Slayer points (or 50 Slayer points any time after first purchased), players can upgrade the helmet to fuse rings of slaying and ferocious rings, gaining some of the benefits of both.
The mighty slayer helmet can be upgraded to the tier 4 upgraded helmet, the corrupted slayer helmet, for 1,000 Slayer points and a corrupted gem, giving it slightly improved accuracy and damage and a higher requirement to wear. The helmet must be equipped in order to upgrade it.
The mighty slayer helmet combines the effects of several pieces of head slot Slayer equipment, all of which are required to create it:
The helmet retains the abilities of all the items used to make it. It still gives the effects that the black mask, hexcrest, and focus sight do, but with better defence and bonuses, making it one of the best helms for Slayer assignments. If the black mask still has charges, they must first be expended.
With the addition of Anachronia, a mighty slayer helmet can be placed on the Slayer helmet stand of a Tier 3 Slayer Lodge. This allows the player to have the effects of the slayer helmet at all times, without needing to wear it.
For 4,000 Loyalty points, players can buy the ability to change the colour of their slayer helmet, and this works for all variations of slayer helmets except the most basic slayer helmet. By using the helmet on Xuan or Dilwyn, it can be recoloured to the colours blue, yellow, red, and green. Recolouring the full slayer helmet also changes the colour of the backplate to pastel pink. This ability cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colour of their helmet as many times as they like. The pink backplate can only be removed/changed by reverting to the original colour. The four versions are:
Mighty slayer helmet
|0 XP||-||1 (0.6s) ||-|
| Crafting level||55|
| Completion of Smoking Kills|
|Unlocked ability to create from a Slayer Master for 400 Slayer points|
| Members only|
Subsequent creations require one-tenth the original required Slayer points.
|Slayer helmet upgrade progression
||Initial upgrade cost
||Initial financial cost
||Spiny helmet + Face mask + Earmuffs + Nose peg + Black mask + 400 Slayer points
||The slayer helmet is a single item worn in the head slot that combines multiple pieces of protective and beneficial Slayer gear.
|Full slayer helmet
||Hexcrest + Focus sight + Slayer helmet
||Improves the damage and accuracy for Ranged and Magic attacks by 12.5% during Slayer tasks, just as the black mask boosts Melee as part of the base Slayer helmet.
|Reinforced slayer helmet
||100 Slayer points + Full slayer helmet
||10 Slayer points + Full slayer helmet
||It provides a 13% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Strong slayer helmet
||400 Slayer points + Reinforced slayer helmet
||40 Slayer points + Reinforced slayer helmet
||It provides a 13.5% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Mighty slayer helmet
||600 Slayer points + Strong slayer helmet
||60 Slayer points + Strong slayer helmet
||It provides a 14% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Corrupted slayer helmet
||1000 Slayer points + Mighty slayer helmet + Corrupted gem
||100 Slayer points + Mighty slayer helmet + Corrupted gem
||It provides a 14.5% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment. Gives codex access while worn and increased ushabti capture chance when on-task or at 120 slayer.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Equipping Slayer helmet from the bank now has wear in the options.
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- Checking charges on the slayer helm now mentions teleports that are available to Morvran if the requirements are met.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Slayer helmets now correctly equip from the Bank menu.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The Rellekka Slayer Caves teleport option that is displayed when the ring of slaying or the slayer helm are activated has been renamed to "Fremennik Slayer Dungeon" to remain consistent with the name of the dungeon elsewhere.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to teleport to Morvran using the slayer helm teleport function without first unlocking the ability to do so.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- Tiered slayer helmets now show the correct colour on chatheads.
- hotfix 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Prevented an obscure disconnection case when adding teleportation charges to a Slayer helm.