Metamorphic geodes are occasionally received from members rocks: orichalcite, drakolith, necrite, phasmatite, concentrated coal, banite, light animica, and dark animica rocks. There is a 1% chance the player gets this type of geode instead of an igneous geode. The chance is increased to up to 3% if the player is wearing a luck enhancer. The metamorphic geode always contains a random strange or golden rock the player has yet to earn, and another item from the possible rewards table below, with an equal chance of each.
Although a strange or golden rock is a guaranteed drop, there are some cases where a rock may not be rewarded, such as if the player already has all potential rocks in their bank or statue collection bag, or the player has toggled off the option to receive them.
Sealed elite clue scrolls can be received from metamorphic geodes, even if the player has the soft cap of 25 already.
When a metamorphic geode is opened, it yields one of the rewards below and is destroyed. The "open-all" option can be used by right-clicking the geode, and this automatically opens all types of geodes in the player's backpack, one every two ticks. Multiple geodes can be opened each tick by pressing the open option manually.
The average monetary value of each metamorphic geode is estimated at 248,166 coins.
- ^ a b The chance of a clue scroll is 1/14. There is a 1% chance of receiving a master clue scroll instead of an elite clue scroll
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ a b The total chance of getting any type of onyx drop is 1/14. A second roll then decides whether you get onyx dust (9/10) or a whole uncut onyx (1/10).
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x The total chance of getting any piece of dragon equipment is 1/14. A second equal-chance roll then decides which specific piece of dragon equipment you get, at a 1/24 rate for any specific piece.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- On release, a player who had obtained all rocks of one type (either strange or golden) but not all of the other type had the chance to not receive a rock from their geode.  This was fixed in the 21 January 2019 patch.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Lotd + Metamorphic Geode. Reddit. 10 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 13 January 2019.) "LOTD boosts your chance to receive a meta geode if a geode drops"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Breezy's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 January 2019.) Mod Breezy: "All equal chances" In response to the question: "For wiki citation, is this correct dragon equip from metamorphic geodes: Battleaxe, Claws, Hasta, Longsword, Mace, Scimitar, Warhammer, 2h, Halberd, Spear, Full/Med helm, Chainbody, Kite/Sq shield, Platelegs/skirt, Boots? Also, all equal chances or not?"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Jack's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 16 January 2019.) Mod Jack: "Yes I'm going to bug this." In response to the question: "Can you please verify if metamorphic geodes are intended to be 100% guaranteed rocks as long as player needs at least 1 strange or golden? Seems like there is a bug where a player who already has all strange or all golden will not always receive a rock of needed type."