Quick guide for Merlin's Crystal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Inside the keep[edit | edit source]
- Climb to the top floor.
- Attack Sir Mordred until his health drops to 0. (Note: If you use bleeds/poisons, future dialogue will be interrupted until the bleed/poison effect ends.)
- Talk to Morgan Le Faye. Spare Mordred's life to discover how to save Merlin.
- If you do not have bat bones, exit the keep to the west and kill a Giant bat.
Black candle[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the candle-maker in Catherby.
- Gather a bucket of wax from the beehives to the north-west. A bucket can be found at the bee hives.
- Talk to the candle-maker again.
Excalibur[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Bread
Ritual[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Bat bones, Black candle
- Go to the Zamorakian temple south of the eastern bank in Varrock.
- Check the chaos altar's inscription.
- Return to Camelot and enter the gates.
- Run north-east of the castle to the ritual site.
- Stand on the star and light the black candle.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto". If you get this wrong you will have to get the black candle remade.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Excalibur
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 6 quest points
- A replica of Excalibur will be placed in the Varrock Museum as a Varrock Museum display by talking to Historian Minas. This will give you 5 Kudos and a lamp for 1,000 XP (can be used on a skill at least level 20).
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Merlin's Crystal is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Glorious Memories
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- King's Ransom
- Koschei's Troubles
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Nomad's Requiem
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Royal Trouble
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Throne of Miscellania
- While Guthix Sleeps
|Part 1 of the Camelot quest series|