Merethiel is an elf who is involved in the Solak boss fight. She joins players inside of the boss room as both a supportive combatant and a key figure in certain phases of the fight. She is the sister of Erethdor, whom she, her other siblings and Solak fought against when he attempted to take the Lost Grove's power for himself. The incident took a toll on Merethiel; she fell into a deep depression, tormented by the guilt of her brother's actions. As time passed, she attempted to reunite with her siblings, but having spent so long in the grove, she was unable to do so and returned. She began to feel tempted by the magic that had driven her brother mad for power but eventually came to terms that he was gone.
By the fifth year of the Sixth Age, Erethdor had gained complete control over Solak, prompting Merethiel to begin recruiting powerful adventurers in order to free him and destroy her brother once and for all. They eventually severed Erethdor's influence over Solak after an intense battle, after which the two set out to undo the damage Erethdor had caused to the Lost Grove.
During the battle with Solak, Merethiel is shown to possess a combat level of 7,000 and 1,000,000 life points, though she plays a supporting role in the encounter.
If the player has defeated Solak 1,000 times, Merethiel will give the player a pet version of her Perdita as a reward.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- Players with insufficient inventory space can speak to Merethiel at the Lost Grove to re-obtain the token and pages.
- Merethiel used to be called Merilthel when interacting with the ruins at The Lost Grove. This was an oversight and has been corrected.
- In J.R.R. Tolkien's constructed elvish language, Sindarin, Merethiel means "Daughter of the Festival".
- Merethiel is voiced by Viva Seifert, who played Hannah Smith in the video game Her Story.
- Merethiel has the highest known combat level for an elf and also for a follower of Seren on the record, matching the combat level of Solak and Nex. It is unknown if this is intentional or reliable for narrative standards.
- Merethiel was once a Cadarn elf. She left the clan for unknown reasons.
- ^ Ruins (The Lost Grove), RuneScape. "Eredthor: The Grove of Guardians!... Sacred they are, but flowing with power. Power for our taking. Think what we could achieve should we harness it... Take it. Bend it and twist it into the unthinkable... Imagine what we could do. We could rival Seren."
- ^ Merethiel, RuneScape. "My brother has fully corrupted Solak's mind, I fear now he's going to succeed in using the power here to break free. You must help me put a stop to this."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 6 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 4 November 2020.) Mod Ramen: "Meet Merethiel... Sister to the Elf who has twisted Solak's mind."
- ^ Merethiel, RuneScape. "Losing my brother that day felt worse than if he'd merely died, for I know his soul will linger on, in the stone and Solak, torn and tormented. After he was bound, Solak asked us to deliver the stone to Seren, but as the realization about his eternal gruesome fate set in, the loss was too hard to bear."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 7 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 4 November 2020.) Mod Ramen: "A little mistake I made when doing the Grove, it is actually Merethiel, will get a fix out!"
- ^ RuneScape. RuneScape Behind the Scenes – The Origins of Solak.*
- ^ Merethiel, RuneScape. "I am with no clan, our allegiance used to be with clan Cadarn, but we split from that path long ago."