Menaphite thugs can be found at the southern end of Pollnivneach. They are constantly at war with the Bandits, who are found in the northern section of Pollnivneach. According to a dialogue during The Feud, they are followers of Amascut.
Menaphite thugs can be thieved using blackjacking techniques. 137.5 thieving experience is gained for a successful pickpocket and 10 thieving experience is gained for a successful knockout. If a knock-out is successful, players can pickpocket the thug twice. 60 coins are gained per pickpocket. A cycle of one knockout and two pickpockets takes 3.6 seconds, with 1.2 seconds per action. Blackjacking may only be done when no more of the same NPC are in sight; a room with the curtain closed may be used. Menaphites may be moved to specific locations by using the right-click "Lure" option. It is better to lure them into a house with a ladder, just in case you attack or the Menaphite thug says, "I will kill you for that!" To prevent the Menaphite thug from attacking you when he says this, you can either climb up the ladder, or click pickpocket until he stops.
|Thieving level||65 ||Thieving XP||137.5 XP||Stun time / damage||4.8s / 50 lp|
|Double loot||75 |
|Triple loot||85 |
|Quadruple loot||95 |
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- The "Lure" option on pickpocket-able NPCs in Pollinivneach is no longer uses a Fishing cursor.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Added some missing animations to menaphite thugs.
- patch 7 October 2009 (Update):
- Prevented menaphite thugs half disappearing in certain circumstances.
- In October 2009 some missing animations of Menaphite thugs were added; blackjacking was made more realistic and smoother.
- They also appear in the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor as the Menaphite Pantheon's first warrior unit.
- When you knock out the thug, instead of displaying the message, "You smack the Menaphite thug over the head.", it displays, "You smack the bandit over the head." It is unknown if it is a typo or it was displayed that on purpose.
- Although they wield blackjacks, they use battleaxe sound effects when attacking.
- In the Jagex cache, and on the RuneMetrics kill log, Menaphite thugs are listed as