Memory shards are a possible reward from the Memorial to Guthix distraction and diversion, or the Hall of Memories. They can be woven into divine energy products, provided that the player has the Divination level required to create the product originally.
Completing Fate of the Gods is not required for creating signs of death, portents of death or portents of degradation.
Without taking boosts or resource saving mechanics into consideration the best experience per shard is portent of restoration VII at 2.72 experience per shard.
Memory shards may be obtained from pickpocketing, checking hunter traps, or planting seeds, when the relevant passive perk (for each method) is active. When memory shards are earned, it will prompt the message "You find a small fragment of a memory".
Memory shards can also be obtained in the Hall of Memories while harvesting memories when the buff from getting close to a recollection butterfly is active.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The best return of porter charges from memory shards is by making Sign of the porter IV, which yields 1.25 porter charges per shard. This is 25% more efficient than making Sign of the porter VI, which yields 1 porter charge per shard, and approximately 11.36% more efficient than making Sign of the porter V, which yields 1.136 porter charges per shard.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- Weaving ancestral energy while having memory shards will no longer open the Memory Shard Interface.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue preventing memory shards from being stacked when the player had no free inventory spaces.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- Making memory shard products no longer drops them to the floor if the player's backpack becomes full.