Memoriam crystals are items found in Prifddinas and Freneskae which can be used to view memories of Zaros and Seren. To view the memories, the player must turn the crystals in to their respective memoriam device. Crystals found on Freneskae are to be turned in to the Memoriam device (Freneskae) and crystals found in Prifddinas are to be turned in to the Memoriam device (Prifddinas). There are 16 crystals that can be found in each location which contribute to memories. A 17th crystal found in Prifddinas is used in the unlocking of the title, [Name] the Troublesome. Turning in all of the memoriam crystals complete three achievements needed to wear both the master quest cape and the completionist cape: Zarosian Memories for the Zarosian memoriam crystals on Freneskae, Seren Memories for the Serenic memoriam crystals on Freneskae, and Troublesome Crystals for the Serenic memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.
Freneskae crystal locations[edit | edit source]
The memoriam device in Zaros' Sanctum on Freneskae
Twelve of the crystals found on Freneskae will unlock memories about Zaros and four of the memories found on Freneskae will unlock memories about Seren. Finding all 12 Zarosian crystals unlocks the Helm of Zaros and finding all 4 Serenic crystals unlocks the Crest of Seren. When activating the device after placing all twelve of the Zarosian crystals, the east wall reveals a hidden room. Clicking on this will unlock the Helm of Zaros also completing the Zarosian Memories achievement. When activating the device after placing all four Serenic crystals, the same process occurs with the western wall, completing the Seren Memories achievement.
||From the entrance, jump from ledge twice, take the left (north) branch and cross a rock formation. It will be found on the right before reaching the first healing point.
||From the entrance, jump from ledge twice, take the right (south) branch and climb the cliffside. The crystal is a short distance along the passage, on the left.
||The Cradle (can only be reached after the quest has been completed.)
||From the first healing point, go north, cross the stepping stones and climb the cliffside. Go east and go down the drop.
||From the first healing point, go north, cross the stepping stones and climb the cliffside. Go east and north and cross the overhang then climb down the cliffside. It will be found to the north at a dead end.
||From the location of z07, back out of the dead end and take the south branch. Climb a rock formation, go west and walk across another rock formation. Climb down the cliffside, go west and find the crystal among the lava vents. (It is just west of the second healing point).
||Enter the Approach from the Sanctum. Go north and traverse a rock formation, then go west and north into a dead end.
||Enter the Approach from the Sanctum. Go south and squeeze through a crevice to the east.
||Enter the Approach. From the entrance, go west and north, at a dead-end.
||The Pit, through the exit doors.
||The Elder Halls, near the end of the southeast passage.
- You need to complete Fate of the Gods in order to unlock the area for this activity.
- Carry an inventory full of food and bank all your gear (optionally equip a face mask or equivalent to avoid taking 50 damage every 15s in Freneskae).
- Use the sixth-age circuit to teleport you to the World Gate.
- Tune the portal to Freneskae and enter it.
- Select Sanctum from the dialog.
- Exit the Opening to the south.
- Head North, and traverse the rock formation bridging a lavafall.
- Head West, south, climb rock formation with black spikes.
- Head West, walk across rock formation with purple healing crystals and climb down the Cliffside.
- Head East, cross rock bridge into the area with crystal pillars.
- You will be in an area with four pillars and four inactive crystals. One of the pillars will be active, and can be tagged. You need to tag 80 active pillars to unlock all four crystals.
- Once all crystals have been unlocked, retrieve them from the stand in the eastern corner.
- Deposit the four crystals at the Sanctum, and a storage area will open.
- Search the storage area to unlock the Crest of Seren cosmetic override in the head slot.
Leaving the area in any way (crossing the bridge, dying, logging out, or teleporting) will reset the count, but not the retrieved crystals.
The frequency of lightning strikes increase as more crystals are tagged: it is recommended to take plenty of food, and possibly a beast of burden. Consider wearing tank armour and using health boosts, defenders and Leviathan rings also have a chance to negate some of the damage taken. Having the Distorted engrammeter in your inventory also reduces damage taken from lightning strikes.
Prifddinas crystal locations[edit | edit source]
The memoriam device in the Tower of Voices in Prifddinas
Eight crystals were released with the first half of the city on 22 September 2014, and nine other crystals were released with the second half on 10 November 2014. All the memoriam crystals can be stored in the memoriam device upstairs in the Tower of Voices, except the Memoriam crystal (unknown) which is used to unlock the [Name] the Troublesome title and also produces a shattered memoriam crystal when used on the memoriam device. Depositing all 16 memoriam crystals completes the Troublesome Crystals achievement. When destroying one or multiple memoriam crystals, the player will need to talk to Arianwyn to reset the destroyed crystals so they can be reobtained.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 12 October 2015 (Update):
- Crystals lost by dying in an unsafe area can now be reset to their original location by speaking to Arianwyn
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Fixed some typos in the Seren memories "Devotion" and "Longevity".
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Voice over has been added to Seren and the Elf City memory crystals.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- A typo has been fixed in Prifddinas's memoriam crystals 14 and 16.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Players can now destroy Seren memoriam crystals correctly via the bank.
- Players can put found crystals into the memoriam device to save bank space, even if all crystals have not been found.