Melee training dummy
|Melee training dummy|
|Release||11 August 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Deploy this to create an elite training dummy, on which to train your melee skills.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The melee training dummy is a dummy that can be won from Treasure Hunter. It has 100,000 life points and can have a maximum combat level of 99. When deployed, it will place a melee training dummy on the ground. It can be placed down in most locations, excluding banks, the wilderness, player-owned houses, and certain minigames.
The dummy can be attacked and destroyed up to five times, at which point it will be permanently destroyed. Each time the dummy is destroyed, the player will receive a certain amount of Constitution experience, as well as experience in either Attack, Strength, or Defence depending on which type(s) of experience players have set to earn from combat (see Combat XP settings). Killing the dummy a fifth time will provide an extra amount of experience.
The dummy can be attacked by other players as well. Other players can deal up to 10% of the damage necessary to kill it and will receive 10% of the experience that they would have gained if they had owned it. The experience is given once the owner has defeated the dummy. Experience gained from the dummy is scaled to the attacker's current combat level and is based on whatever combat style is chosen. At level 99, the player who placed the dummy will gain 12,430 combat-style experience along with 4,102 Constitution experience.
The dummy will not provide experience for augmented weapons or armour. If the owner is not doing any damage to the dummy, other players cannot do damage.
The dummies have a few restrictions:
- Abilities that affect multiple tiles or multiple targets will not work on them. This includes the melee abilities Cleave, Hurricane, Quake, Meteor Strike, Flurry, and Bladed Dive.
- Attacks that drain life will not work. - They still can damage the Dummy, however they do not heal.
- Summoning familiars cannot damage the dummies.
- The dwarven multicannon does not work on the dummies.
- Dummies cannot be placed directly next to each other.
- Poison does not work.
- Ironmen are unable to attack a deployed dummy, unless it is their own.
- Placing a training dummy on a second floor of a house or bottom floor of a bank, will make it disappear if the player leaves the floor and re-enter.
- If a dummy is placed inside an instance and the instance is left, it will disappear and cannot be reobtained.
- Using augmented weapons and armour still drain charges but do not gain experience.
Due to the above mentioned restrictions of abilities, it is not advised to use a 2h-weapon. A revolution++ bar with Dual-wield is more optimal for faster afk kills. An example could be:
However if Dual-wield is not an option, an example of a 2h-weapon revolution++ bar without the restricted abilities could be:
Melee training dummies, like all other combat training dummies, can be converted at a 3:2 ratio into other combat training dummies. The melee training dummy is unique compared to its ranged and magic counterparts in that all different styles (ranged, magic, melee) can attack it. As such, it is sometimes used for gaining/stalling adrenaline. One cannot obtain a skilling pet from training with dummies.
Experience[edit | edit source]
|Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 February 2021 (Update):
- The target info panel is now displayed correctly for training dummies.
- update 3 August 2020 (Update):
- All 3 types of combat training dummies have now been turned into 1 generic combat dummy.
- update 1 June 2020 (Update):
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):
- Combat training dummies can now be converted into other forms of combat dummy at a rate of 3 to 2, similar to skilling dummies.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to place combat dummies on top of portable skilling locations.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Constitution and defence abilities will now damage combat training dummies.
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer attack elite training dummies with the wrong attack style.