|Release||28 April 2014 (Update)|
|Has been dangerously overfed!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|0 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Mega Duck is a mallard who has received too many breadcrumbs, becoming massive in the process. He is created when a drake in Falador Park or Lumbridge is fed 21 breadcrumbs within 20 seconds. Although duck food can be fed to a drake, it does not contribute to turning it into Mega Duck.
By attacking him, he can be lured anywhere in the game that is not blocked by physical boundaries, and if brought to the ocean by South Feldip Hills, he swims off into the sunset with another gigantic duck, Mrs Duck. Luring Mega Duck to Mrs Duck also gives a 1 in 20 chance of receiving the Mega ducklings pet.
He has an extremely high number of life points and uses weak melee attacks. As his life points are reduced, his Defence rises significantly, and at under 1,000 LP, all attacks will deal one point of damage.
Tips for hunting pet[edit | edit source]
- Only one Mega Duck can be spawned per world.
- The Mega Duck must be successfully hit at least once to be able to get the pet.
- You cannot feed the drake when adjacent to it. Stay at least one square away or diagonal to the drake.
- Do not walk or run through trappers, as this will allow the drake to move though the square they are on. If this happens, trappers should move off the square and back on to reset it.
- Keep trappers and runners to a minimum to avoid chaos.
- If the drake is trapped such that it cannot move, it may teleport. Try to leave it at least two spaces to wander in.
- The drake cannot wander past the south edge of the bridge, thus the two squares southeast of the bridge and next to the pond is a good spot to trap it.
- If trapping the drake in the spot mentioned above, it helps to direct non-trappers to stand on the red flowers to the south. This way, they do not interfere with the trappers and can still feed the duck.
- The runner should use Provoke to lure the Mega Duck.
- Runners should make use of energy restoration such as the Oo'glog salt-water spring, Anachronia base camp spa's salt-water treatment, Spirit Terrorbird scroll (Tireless Run)s, super energy potions, or mint cakes.
- Use low level weapons to avoid killing the Mega Duck. A perfect example being the Boogie Bow.
- Balanced Strike can be used to heal the Mega Duck.
- Using Duck Food just south of Falador Park will NOT work.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Players can no longer use Deathtouched darts on the Mega Duck. - Why would you want to do this in the first place? You Monster.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. RS Ninja Team - Boss Pets, Wildywyrm and Combat Improvements! (Twitch.tv livestream). 9 December 2014.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Dolan's Twitter account. September 5th, 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) Mod Dolan: "PSA: You have to tag the mega duck to have a chance at the mega ducklings pet."