How to use MediaWiki:Sitenotice
- Only show one message at a time. Be concise, as no one wants to read all that. People don't even finish reading 280 character tweets.
- Only add major announcements; avoid constant use to prevent banner blindness as much as possible.
- You must increment the number at MediaWiki:Sitenotice id when publishing a new sitenotice (rather than just correcting, updating, or removing a message) in order to redisplay the notice for users who have dismissed it previously. See Manual:Interface/Sitenotice for more information.
- The Template:Sitenotice exists to easily create formatted site notices, see the templates documentation.
- If creating a completely custom site notice
%CLOSE% can be used to put the close (dismiss) button at a given location (default is top right of the page).
- Site notice can be dismissed as a group by adding the
sitenotice-type class to the notice as well as a
data-noticetype="group-name" attribute. Once a given group has been dismissed it will not display again, regardless of the notice id.