|Released||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Region info[edit | edit source]
|Databox • Talk page|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are few ways Mazcab can be reached:
- The World window on Tuska's corpse - teleport to Tuska either
- Otot tablet
- Grouping System
- Casting the Mazcab Teleport spell.
- A Boss portal (War's Retreat) that has been attuned to Liberation of Mazcab.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Map[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Very little is known about Mazcab. What is known, however, is that the planet was dying before Tuska had visited. The Goebies practiced Spirit Magic, a unique magic that comes from drawing on the powers of their deceased ancestors. Using this magic they were able to accomplish great feats that they normally would not be able to perform, due to the massive rocks on their backs.
One of the Goebie Spirit Magus was not happy using just Spirit Magics, and sought Elemental Magics as well, and tore them from the plane, thus damaging the planet, and creating tears in the earth through which Anima would pour out.
The remaining goebies constructed great sacred temples which trapped the world's leaking anima and utilised pipes and vents to return the anima back to its source, allowing for life to be sustained on the planet. This tradition has since been lost to the Goebie race, leading to a depletion and collapse in life on Mazcab.
According to the Ancient Statue, this led to the rise of spirit guardians who were formed from the seeping anima. Their life cycle involved wandering across Mazcab towards great temples constructed by the Goebie, where they would then return to their source. Among such guardians was Yakamaru, a water beast who glided across the rivers and seas of Mazcab until being corrupted by the Airut Shaman.
Supposedly, it was these tears in the earth which attracted Tuska to the planet, and brought about her wrath. Once Tuska devoured the majority of the Anima, she moved on leaving some of her Airut followers on her back to take over the world, with some notable Airut such as Beastmaster Durzag.
The Goebies claim they came from Chantli, meaning home, and that following its devouring by Tuska, they were on Mazcab. For a long time it was uncertain whether Chantli was another world, or just what the Goebies used to call Mazcab before Tuska came. In Call of The Ancestors, the spirit guardian Xinachto confirms that they are in fact one and the same.
Prior to Tuska's arrival on Mazcab, the Goebies thrived in numerous great cities. Otot is the only known surviving great city of the Goebies according to the Acca Otot - yet this is questionable according to the Acca Kanatah, it stands as a collection of tents. There are only three known Goebie settlements on Mazcab. Kanatah was set up by survivors of the Airut: its inhabitants live a nomadic lifestyle, sinking into the surrounding environment to evade Airut capture. A third small village sits south of the old Shrine. Once a fourth village of Cotoch sat under the surveillance of the Airut, yet the village stood for just 15 days.
The Airut reside in the former Goebie temple and shrines to the east of Mazcab.
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Daily[edit | edit source]
- Completing Trinks' tasks granting 15 reputation each, with a maximum of 3 tasks per day
- Various actions (9 in total) in Nemi Forest grant 5 reputation each.
One-time[edit | edit source]
- Finding 5 stone fragments and using them on the ancient statue to the south of the Airut will earn reputation and unlock lore. 50 reputation is earned for each stone fragment added to the monument.
- Killing raids bosses Beastmaster Durzag for 250 and Yakamaru for 500.
- Catching 4 different creatures and handing them in at Arod the environmentalist for 250 reputation.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Goebie Relics ( 5) – Find all Mazcab stone fragments and take them to the ancient statue.
- Goebie One with the Wildlife ( 10) – Complete Arod's wildlife reserve on Mazcab.
- My Goebie Homies ( 20) – Obtain maximum reputation with the goebies on Mazcab.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Goebie concept art, a race native to Mazcab.
Concept art of the East shore of Mazcab, where the Yakamaru fight takes place.
Beastmaster Durzag concept art.
Yakamaru concept art.
Concept art for the Airut shaman. An unreleased raid boss.
The city of Otot on Mazcab.
The city of Kanatah on Mazcab.
The Nemi Forest in Mazcab.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer stand in a certain tile inside a Mazcab raid to leave the group without leaving the raid.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- Further blocking has been added to the east side of the Pit of Trials.
- patch 7 September 2015 (Update):
- Soul Link and Teamwork Protection can now be used on Mazcab when not participating in Mazcab supply runs.
- Players can now consistently use the Quick-travel option on goebies on Mazcab if they have the required reputation.
- Added some missing colours to goebies on Mazcab.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Various areas on Mazcab are now blocked correctly.
- The bank and bankers on Mazcab will now provide a heal-over-time effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many terms on Mazcab are in the Nahuatl language:
- In the Goebie language, Mazcab means "prison", while Chantli meant "home".
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ The RuneScape Team. "Summer Special Membership Offer." 26 May 2015. RuneScape News.
- ^ Xinachto, "Call of The Ancestors", RuneScape. "Mazcab... This is a new sound...used by the rock-bearers. Before it...there was Chantli. A different sound...with the same meaning. They refer to the plants... To the trees... To the creatures. Mazcab is I... Chantli is I... I am life."
|Abilities and unlocks|
|Realms and worlds|