Mayor Eustace Hobb is the mayor of Witchaven. He was possessed by a sea slug, being one of the first to turn according to a Temple Knight spy. The quietness of the village suited the possessed mayor. His possession caused him to develop a sickly yellow complexion, which when asked he blamed on food poisoning. His house is located in the north-western area of the village.
During The Slug Menace, players find out he is possessed by a sea slug and in league with Mother Mallum. He helped release Mother Mallum by trying to open up a Saradomin shrine, suspiciously purchasing things that would go unneeded by the town. If players try to go through the imposing doors during the battle with the Slug Prince, he will push you back. He disappears after the quest, along with Brother Maledict and Col. O'Niall.
During Salt in the Wound, he is found with Mother Mallum in the Slug Citadel. After a last minute futile attempt from him to block Eva from freeing the player and killing Mallum, she knocks him out. He is liberated from slug control after Mother Mallum is killed, and humorously blames his loss of memory on consuming too much Karamjan rum.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Mayor Hobb's neck no longer stretches.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Mayor Hobb's neck should no longer stretch.
- patch 15 February 2011 (Update):
- This npc's hat now has the correct colour when speaking to him.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- This npc no longer glides, and walks like the rest of us!
- Mayor Hobb is currently the only known human victim of the sea slugs' control who achieved metamorphosis into a more aquatic creature, likely due to his long time possessed. This metamorphosis is apparently temporary, as he returns to his human form after he is freed.
- His beard's style changes after he is possessed.