May Skilling Update Reveal - April 27th 2021
|May Skilling Update Reveal - April 27th 2021|
|Publish date||27 April 2021|
|Participants||Mod Hooli, Mod Osborne, Mod Shogun|
| Watch on Twitch|
Watch on YouTube
|Infobox • Talk page|
Description[edit | edit source]
Get your first look at some new updates coming to a core RuneScape skill.
Summary[edit | edit source]
A list of the changes announced are:
- Wisps stay within 5 tiles of a crater at all times
- Duration bar added above springs
- Springs' minimum duration increased to 60 seconds
- This duration can be increased by 15 seconds for every different player that siphons that spring, up to 5 players (a maximum of 75 extra seconds for a total of 135)
- The critical chance to receive an enriched memory has been reworked, allowing up to three enriched memories to be earned at once depending on active buffs
Chronicle fragments[edit | edit source]
- Chronicle fragments now spawn next to the player and will not move
- Capturing a chronicle fragment within 6 seconds of it spawning will turn it into an enriched chronicle fragment:
- Worth 1.5x XP of a regular one
- Contribute double towards the Memory Overflow buff if deposited at a crater
Memory Overflow buff[edit | edit source]
Players can now deposit chronicle fragments at a crater to contribute towards the Memory Overflow buff, providing the following benefits for everyone:
- +1 base energy awarded from deposited memories
- 5% more XP from deposited memories
- 10% higher critical chance when siphoning from nearby springs
- Spawns an enriched wisp which boosts players' crit rating by 100%
- This mechanic replaces enriched wisps spawning every 20 minutes
- Chronicle fragments (regular and enriched) can still be deposited at May Stormbrewer or the altar at Guthix's Cave
Sign of the porter VII[edit | edit source]
New sign of the porter:
Sign of the porter VI changes:
- Divination level lowered to 94 (from 99)
- 80 luminous energy (instead of incandescent)
Transmutation[edit | edit source]
New transmutation options have been added for raw fish and ores:
|Raw shark||Lustrous||Raw monkfish|
|Raw sea turtle||Brilliant||Raw shark|
|Raw cavefish||Radiant||Raw sea turtle|
|Raw manta ray||Luminous||Raw cavefish|
|Raw rocktail||Incandescent||Raw manta ray|
Additional changes[edit | edit source]
- Divination cape: Boosts a spring's minimum duration by 30 seconds, one time per spring. This effect does not stack with that of Ethereal Connection.
- Ethereal Connection: Boosts a spring's minimum duration by 30 seconds, one time per spring. This effect does not stack with that of the Divination Skill Cape.
- Fading memory: Retains all current effects bar the duration increase. Fading Memory now instead provides 20% Crit Chance.
- Elder divination outfit: 5% chance of granting a 100% crit chance.
- Elite divination outfit: 7% chance of granting a 100% crit chance.
- Prism of Dowsing: Grants 5% crit chance when nearby.
- Chronicle Absorption & Spirit attraction potion: Instead of absorbing the Chronicle Fragment, the prayer now automatically picks up the Chronicle and provides an Enriched Chronicle.
- Abyssal Transit: Chronicles can now always be offered from the Backpack, and Abyssal Transit now doubles the progress towards Memory Overflow when dropping off Chronicle Fragments.