May's Quest Caravan
May's Quest Caravan, also known as the Quest Point Shop, is a members-only reward shop run by May, released on 24 September 2018. It can be found near the Champion's Guild, south-west of the Varrock lodestone.
The shop has three different reward tracks to which players may allocate quest points. Players can buy multiple tiers of a reward track at once by clicking the highest reward tier wanted and buying that, instead of the player individually buying all rewards up to the reward purchased. Players with a quest point cape will be able to unlock around two and a half reward tracks at one time. Players can change the allocation to another track to gain access to the rewards of that track, but they will lose access to the rewards of the track that they switched from. Players are also able to reset their track progress; however, this can only be done once a week.
Having unspent quest points prompts the following message upon logging in:
Rewards[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
General rewards are received from May when reaching certain quest point milestones. These are all one-time rewards.
Combat Track[edit | edit source]
Combat Track consists of the Armour of Trials, a hybrid tier 25, 50, or 75 armour set, depending on the player's level. Its special effect is that whenever the player dies whilst fighting a quest boss, each component of the set will reduce 1% of damage from said boss per death, up to a total of 5% per piece.
Along with the outfit, the player can also unlock Vanquish, a tier 75 weapon which increases damage dealt to quest bosses depending on the player's deaths. Per death, it will grant an extra 5% damage when using the weapon, up to a maximum of 25%.
|Bracers of Trials||25|
|Boots of Trials||50|
|Helm of Trials||75|
|Platelegs of Trials||100|
|Platebody of Trials||125|
Pet Track[edit | edit source]
Pet Track consists of unlocking the Lorehound pet and additional bonuses to it. It can be upgraded to carry around emergency quest supplies, change its appearance, increase area loot range and increasing drop rates for lore books. The benefits of the Lorehound will only work in its normal companion form - overriding familiars will not provide Lorehound perks.
|Lorehound Pet||25||Unlocks the base lorehound pet.|
|Quest Supplies||50||Lorehound pet can give a rope, a lantern, 2 emergency law runes, and a spade|
|Fetch||75||The lorehound can retrieve books from the POH bookcase when in any bank area.|
|Quest Outfits||100||Unlocks the ability to change the lorehound's outfits. Each outfit has associated quest requirements; Fremennik, Elf, Pirate, Vampyre, Quest, and lorehound who is a lorehound.|
|Loot Range||125||Having the lorehound active increases the range of the area loot by 1 tile (length and width).|
|Lore Helper||150||Having the lorehound active increases the chance to find certain lore books: Last Riders (One Final Ride), Ripper Demons miner journals (Don't Fear the Ripper), Adamant Dragons (Dragonkin Logs), Monkey clue scroll (Clue's in the Monkey Drool), and Varrock Dig Site (Sentient Letters).|
Hub Track[edit | edit source]
Hub Track consists of upgrading the quest hub itself.
|Quest Portal||25||A portal which teleports you to the start of the latest quest, currently Desperate Times.|
|The Adventurer||50||Unlocks the title 'the Adventurer'.|
|Ring of Quests||75||A ring that can be used to turn you into quest NPCs.|
|Adventurer in Training||100||Improved rewards from helping Meg with her adventures; the reward chest will have a chance to roll on the droptable of Wythien's Motherlode shards.|
|Bank Chest||125||Unlocks the bank chest at May's caravan.|
|Quest Item Storage||150||Unlocks May's storage box which can be used to store items from quests.|
Quest item storage[edit | edit source]
Below are the items that the chest can currently hold. Items are automatically added to the chest after completing quests, and using them on the chest is unnecessary. Items that are currently in the bank or inventory can be added to the chest when the item is dropped or destroyed. The bank clean-up filter will not identify these quest items; search the bank to find them.
Interestingly, the storage chest allows players to retrieve items which previously could not be reobtained after quest completion, such as the plague jacket, plague trousers, and demonic sigil, or items which could not be obtained at all on some accounts due to choices made during a quest, such as Carnillean armour. The availability of Hazeel's mark however depends on the choice the player made during the quest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players will no longer be prompted to claim a Ring of Quests from the Quest Point Shop if the ring is already in the players bank.
- The claim rewards screen for the Quest Point store will no longer open under certain scenarios if there are no rewards to claim.
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Resolved issue within the sentence displayed within the Quest Store when claiming more rewards.
- patch 1 October 2018 (Update):
- A destroy warning will now mention if item can be reclaimed from Quest Point Shop storage chest.
- The purchase button in the quest point shop should no longer occasionally lose it's functionality.
- Reclaimable items from the quest storage chest can no longer be disassembled.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Certain items on the table refer to quests such as Vampire Slayer (stake and stake hammer), Carnillean Rising (treasure chest keyring), The Lost Tribe (brooch), Monkey Madness (monkey talisman). Hazelmere's hat can also be spotted under the table, on a pile of books.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Kylar. "Quest Point Shop." 12 July 2018. Future Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Kylar. Talk: Cat Trainer Medal Bug. 2018-09-26. "Cat training medal may not appear in chest for some players...Bug is found, unlikely to be fixed. "Don't think the cat training medal one will be fixed - it's the same functionality as gertrude has and if you really want it you can catch more rats." - RS Discord"*