|Release date||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|Location||Outer circle of the Cadarn district in Prifddinas|
|No. of stores/banks||2 banks, 1 store|
|Required level||Garden: 99 in any skill or maximum quest points|
Inside: 99 in all skills
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Max Guild is a partially-phased guild that is only available to players who have mastered the skills of RuneScape. It is located in Prifddinas, in the south-eastern part of the Cadarn Clan district.
The Max Guild is split into two parts. The outer part, the garden, is accessible with at least one level 99 or a wearable quest cape. There are 28 flagpoles, which players can use to unfurl a flag for each skill they have achieved level 99, and one for the quest cape. These are only visible to the individual player.
The interior is only accessible to players who have earned the max cape. The doors will repel any players who try to enter without this requirement. Inside, Challenge Mistress Heriau will give new entrants a crystal acorn that they can use to grow a crystal tree. Guild members are also able to teleport to the Max Guild using the max guild teleport or their max and completionist capes. The teleport arrives inside the garden, near to the skill portals, but it can be toggled to arrive inside the guild tower instead by talking to Elen Anterth.
Elen Anterth is inside the guild - standing near the boss portal if the tower can be accessed, and near the skill portals if unable to. While inside the tower, she sells all of the Capes of Accomplishment (except the quest cape) found in the game for 99,000 coins each, as well as the max cape for 2,673,000 coins. Chatting with her provides an option to toggle the max cape teleport between the garden and within the tower.
The Max Guild is partially-phased, in that only the player can see what flags they've unfurled, which portal locations they've chosen, and their progress of the second statue of Rhiannon. The player also does not see the door or gate opening animations for other players, only for themselves. This differs from a traditional instance as the guild is not a completely separate instance to the rest of Prifddinas, but many parts of it are player-specific.
Features[edit | edit source]
Skill portals[edit | edit source]
There are two portals inside the garden. The first one is available to all players who can enter and can be tuned to a location for free. However, a fee of 100,000 coins is required to redirect the portal to another location. The fee drops 10,000 coins coins for every 5 skills the player has 99 in, to a minimum price of 50,000 coins. The second portal requires the player to have at least 15 skills at level 99 in order to use. In addition, the portals can only be used if the player has the requirement to access the area; a player without level 94 Woodcutting will be unable to tune their portal to the nearest active crystal tree. The Radiant Wisp Colony teleport requires the completion of the Ghosts Ahoy quest and level 85 Divination.
|An active crystal tree||Next to the active crystal tree|
|Jadinko Lair||Next to the Jadinko Queen|
|Lava Flow Mine||Just inside the lava flow mine, near Foreman Jaak|
|Living Rock Caverns||Next to the rope at the entrance to the caverns|
|Brilliant wisp colony near Polypore Dungeon||Next to the relevant rift|
|Radiant wisp colony near Dragontooth Island|
|Luminous wisp colony in Sophanem|
|Incandescent wisp colony south of the Poison Waste|
|Upper floor of Runespan||Next to the bone ladder on the top floor of Runespan|
|Tree Gnome Stronghold||Next to the Gnome Stronghold spirit tree|
|The fairy ring in Zanaris||Inside Zanaris fairy ring - as if a normal fairy ring had been used|
|Prifddinas Waterfall||On top of the waterfall near the fishing spots.|
|Invention Guild||Inside the guild.|
|Menaphos VIP skilling area||Inside the VIP skilling area.|
|Deep Sea Fishing hub||Next to the rowboat.|
|Overgrown Idol||At one of the spawning point|
Boss portal[edit | edit source]
A boss portal can be found on the south-east balcony inside the guild tower - the destination of which can be altered for a fixed fee of 100,000 coins. Completing Morvran's challenge allows the player to retune their portal once for free.
|Monster||Location||Hostile on arrival?|
|Bork||Next to the portal to Bork inside the Chaos Tunnels, inside the dagannoth room||Yes - aggressive dagannoth will attack on arrival|
|Glacors||Inside the Glacor Cave - exactly as if travelling to DKQ||No, nearby glacors are not aggressive|
|Tormented demons||In the centre of the Ancient Guthix Temple, just before the door of Guthix (near the stone table on this map)||No|
|Airut||Tip of the peninsula to the west of Phoenix Lair||No, nearby airut are not aggressive|
|Giant Mole||Next to the entrance to the mole's lair in Falador park||No|
|Barrows||Next to the Rise of the Six well||No|
|Dagannoth Kings||Next to the final ladder to the kings||No - nearby dagannoth, wallasalki and giant rock crabs are prevented from attacking by a barrier of rocks|
|Corporeal Beast||Next to the final archway to the beast||No|
|King Black Dragon||Choice of destination on use:
Edgeville teleport stone: directly adjacent to the teleport stone just north of Edgeville Monastery
Wilderness lever: directly adjacent to the lever inside the Lava Maze Dungeon
|Edgeville teleport stone: No
Wilderness lever: Yes - aggressive poison spiders will attack on arrival, and this area is part of the Wilderness, so players can also attack
|Queen Black Dragon||Nearby to the Summoning portal inside the Grotworm Lair||No, nearby mature grotworms are not aggressive|
|Kalphite Queen||In the final stretch of the Kalphite Hive, a short distance from the entrance to the Queen's lair||No, nearby kalphite guardians are not close enough to attack on arrival|
|Kalphite King||Next to the entrance to the Kalphite King's Lair inside the Exiled Kalphite Hive||No|
|Commander Zilyana||Outside the lobby before Zilyana's room in Saradomin's Encampment||Yes, if not wearing Saradomin and Zamorak god protection|
|General Graardor||Outside the lobby before Graardor's room in Bandos' Stronghold||Yes, if not wearing Bandos and Zamorak god protection|
|Kree'arra||Outside the lobby before Kree'arra's room in Armadyl's Eyrie||Yes, if not wearing Armadyl and Zamorak god protection|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Outside the lobby before K'ril's room in Zamorak's Fortress
Prayer will be drained to 0 when entering the portal to this area (the same way as entering the area normally)
|Yes, if not wearing Zamorak god protection|
|Nex||Down the stairs inside the frozen door, just inside the Ancient Prison, inside the safe area before the frozen doorway to the monsters. Or alternatively, if the ancient ceremonial robes are worn, you'll be teleported outside the main door to Nex.
Using this portal requires a frozen key and will drain a charge on use
|Legiones||Outside the door to the Legio corresponding to the key you have the most of in your inventory
Outside Sextus' door if carrying no keys
If carrying equal numbers of multiple types of keys, the arrival point is inconsistent (there is no rule for which door will be arrived at), but it will always be one of the corresponding doors
|No, nearby Ascension creatures are not aggressive|
|Araxxor and Araxxi||Next to the webbed entrance inside the Araxyte Hive||No|
|Vorago||Outside the Borehole||No|
|Gregorovic||Outside the lobby before Gregorovic's room in Sliske's Necropolis||Yes, if not wearing a Sliske insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Helwyr||Outside the lobby before Helwyr's room in Seren's Encampment||Yes, if not wearing a Seren insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|The Twin Furies||Outside the lobby before the Twin Furies' room in Zamorak's Rampart||Yes, if not wearing a Zamorak insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Vindicta & Gorvek||Outside the lobby before Vindicta's room in Zaros's Bastion||Yes, if not wearing a Zaros insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Telos, the Warden||Next to Soothsayer Sybil outside the entrance or inside the door||No|
|The Magister||Next to the entrance to The Magister's room in Sophanem Slayer Dungeon||No|
|Solak||Next to Merethiel in The Lost Grove||No|
|Temple of Aminishi||In front of the entrance to the temple||No|
|Dragonkin Laboratory||In front of the entrance to the Laboratory||No|
|The Shadow Reef||In front of the entrance to the Shadow Reef||No|
|Liberation of Mazcab||In front of the entrance to the Liberation of Mazcab||No|
Throne of Fame[edit | edit source]
The final feature of the Max Guild is the Throne of Fame. The throne acts as a combined altar and mini summoning obelisk, allowing players to fully restore their prayer and summoning points by admiring it. Possessing the completionist cape is not required to do this.
Only one player per server may sit upon the throne by right-clicking the throne and choosing "Sit". To do so the player must have earned the completionist cape. Upon sitting on the throne, all of that player's skills are boosted to 100, or 121 for Dungeoneering, Slayer, and Invention, which lasts until the player leaves it. Upon leaving the throne, players must wait 5 minutes before attempting to sit on the throne again.
Above the throne, 8 voicestones are mounted in the wall, each representing one of the elf clans. The voicestone illuminates when the Voice of Seren is active in that district.
Other[edit | edit source]
Other features of the Max Guild tower include:
- Permanent bonfire on the south-west balcony (with a bank chest nearby; this bonfire can save logs)
- Grand Exchange clerks
- Challenge Mistress Heriau
- Decanter Rhodri Dail
The Max Guild garden also has the second statue of Rhiannon, which gains one piece each time the main statue in the Tower of Voices is completed (equal in function to the replica statue plinth for the Dahmaroc statue, but without the replica statue piece items). There are also 32 pieces to add to this statue. If this statue is completed the player unlocks the title [Name] the Statuesque. Completing this statue is also a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- Menaphos typo has been spelled correctly now when retuning portal to Menaphos VIP area.
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- With the addition of Tormented Demons to the Sixth-Age circuit, the Max Guild portal teleport to Tormented Demons now places the player closer to them, while still respecting their boundary of aggression.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- There is now a right click option to teleport to other fairy rings than Zanaris from the max guild skill portals (when it is set to the Zanaris fairy ring).
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Reattuning the skilling portals in the max guild garden to the same location will no longer cost GP for the second portal.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- The aggressive monster warning from the max guild boss portal teleport to Dagannoth Kings has been removed.
- ninja 2 October 2017 (Update):
- The healing area has been extended within the Max Guild in Prifddinas.
- patch 21 August 2017 (Update):
- Resolved an issue with the Max Guild skill portal menus when a player used a keybind on a locked menu item.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- An option has been added to teleport inside of the door to Telos when using the Max Guild's bossing portal.
- The Nex bossing portal will now teleport players outside of the main door if Ancient Ceremonial is equipped.
- The Menaphos VIP area has been added to the list of skill portal locations in the Max Guild area of Prifddinas.
- ninja 7 August 2017 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Max Guild will now use the Sky Jump teleport animation if it is activated.
- ninja 5 May 2015 (Update):
- The skilling and PvM portals in the Prifddinas max guild are now easier to navigate.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to retune a PvM portal to its current destination.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Some gaps outside the Max Guild have been fixed.
- Several missing polygons for the Max Guild balcony and crystal supports have been restored.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer smuggle a dwarven multicannon into the Chaos Tunnels via the Bork-attuned PvM portal in the Max Guild.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The Max Guild Nex portal now places the player in a more suitable location.
- The Max Guild Araxxor portal now correctly replaces the webbed entrance.
- The Max Guild God Wars portal now correctly resets the player's kill count upon entry.
- The Max Guild Runespan portal no longer allows familiars to be taken in.
- The Max Guild glacor portal will now set the Stone of Jas effect upon entry.
- A typo on the Max Guild's Araxxi portal has been corrected.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release of a new quest, players with a quest point cape will have their flag for completion of all quests set to half-mast at the Max Guild until they complete the new quest.
- For a short time after release, players who tuned their boss portals to Araxxor were unable to go through the web and had to leave the cavern, then come back for the web to work properly. Players who tuned their portals to the God Wars Dungeon were able to keep their killcount if they left via Max cape. Both of these have been fixed.
- While the bank can be accessed from the railing across the Throne of Fame, it will not restore the player's health.