Maul of omens
|Maul of omens|
|Release||3 July 2013 (Update)|
|On death||Dropped on death|
|The ultimate in death-dealing technology.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The maul of omens is an ancient weapon created to defeat Vorago. It is the only weapon that has ever been used to defeat him. As such, Vorago destroyed the maul and stored each piece within his body. The maul is reassembled during fights and is required to complete them.
Role in the fight[edit | edit source]
It is assembled from three pieces–ancient weapon piece (a), ancient weapon piece (b), and ancient weapon handle—dropped during phases one, two, and four of the fight, respectively. When it is used during the final phase of the fight, a cutscene plays where the player scales up the front of Vorago and smashes him with the maul twice before thrusting it into his eye, causing him to fall off the arena.
When the maul is created, it will prompt the messageDuring the final phase, if any piece of the maul is in the inventory, the player holding the piece will receive the message , and they will be dealt 100 damage every tick. This damage does not stack with multiple pieces of the maul; it will always be 100 damage. The effect can be cleared by dropping the piece or creating the maul. If the maul is used before Vorago is pushed far enough, it will prompt the message Unlike most items, if the maul is dropped, it will be visible to all players immediately.
The maul cannot be equipped; instead, the left click option is "Finish him!", and this option is used when Vorago is at the edge of the platform to finish him off.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Mauling Vorago is required for the following:
- Mauling all six rotations in normal mode will grant the player the ability to create a hard mode instance for Vorago.
- In hard mode:
- Mauling Vorago at least once in either mode is a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 January 2017 (Update):
- The Maul of Omens is no longer kept on death when dying during the final transition at Vorago.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The left click option "Finish him!" is a reference to the fighting game Mortal Kombat, used at the end of each battle.
- Attempting to feed the maul to a baby troll prompts the message, "Your baby troll refuses to be THAT much of a troll."
- In rare instances, it's possible for a piece of the maul (or even the entire assembled maul) to disappear during the transition from Phase 4 to Phase 5 of the fight. It seems more likely to happen if a piece of the maul is or the maul is dropped as the players are going from the Phase 4 into the Phase 5 arena. Players are advised to assemble the maul before the end of Phase 4 to avoid this bug.