As a representative of the Ikovians, Mat'ahar'i was sent to Everlight to participate in the Dominion Games as the Icyene had extended it to their allies; their true motive was to bring back some everlight silvthril samples for Howl to work with. Mat'ahar'i successfully smuggled some everlight silvthril to Howl, netted a Silver Dominion medal during the games and stole some identification papers to identify themselves as a Saradominist for the next part of the plan.
Howl then tasked Mat'ahar'i to obtain several warforged bronze samples from Warforge. Warforge was a Bandosian installation that trained goblins who were then sold to other gods as mercenaries.  As Armadyl's beliefs made him a natural enemy of Bandos, the Saradominist identity gave Mat'ahar'i moderate protection from the Bandosians at Warforge, and they requested goblin mercenaries. 
The violence of Warforge gave Mat'ahar'i much concern, as the violence held in there caused them to be on high alert, as a simple mistake would likely mean death by participating in one of their "games". Fortunately, they were able to find samples from broken weapons and pocketed them. Mat'ahar'i's "order" of goblins was finally processed; the spy acquired the goblins of the "strong spears" - the Dorgeshuun, and deployed them to the far east. Although inclined to travel with them, Mat'ahar'i decided against it as being caught in the open could be problematic, and wondered what their fate would be when they realised they were not going to a fight and had no further orders. 
Upon bringing back samples of warforged bronze, Howl then tasked Mat'ahar'i with acquiring hellfire metal, which was tricky as demons out on the field were rare, and when they died, their weapons melted from the heat. The spy was able to infiltrate the Order of Dis, although it took them a decade to gain their trust and enter the Infernal Source.  They were terrified of all of the demons they saw, and their task was to bring a message to Dagon the Gatekeeper. Mat'ahar'i gave the message to him, pitying him because he was chained while his demon brethren were roaming freely. Seeing the hellfire forge near Dagon, Mat'ahar'i quickly pocketed some hellfire metal and quickly left, wishing to never return to the Source again. 
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mat'ahar'i's name is a reference to Mata Hari, a woman who spied for Germany during World War I.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mission Report: Warforged Bronze, written by Mat'ahar'i, RuneScape. "These formed the basis of my plan to infiltrate the Warforge in order to obtain samples of their hardened bronze."
- ^ Mission Report: Warforged Bronze, written by Mat'ahar'i, RuneScape. "Were we to approach the Warforge as Ikovians, they would have known something was amiss... Still, as a human representative..."
- ^ Mission Report: Warforged Bronze, written by Mat'ahar'i, RuneScape. "My order was completed - a troop of their 'strong spears' - to which I relayed orders to deploy far to the east. I was tempted to travel with the goblin troop as the paid protection they were but dared not risk being caught out in the open. The goblins will do fine, I'm sure. I wonder what they will do when they realise they are not actually marching towards a fight and that there are no further orders awaiting them..."
- ^ Mission Report: Hellfire Metal, written by Mat'ahar'i, RuneScape. "It is as if Infernus itself has arrived on our world! Demons were everywhere, and not mere projected forms, but hulking butcher demons in the flesh, giant gargoyles flying all about the place and even some tsutsaroth"
- ^ Mission Report: Warforged Bronze, written by Mat'ahar'i, RuneScape. "Handily, the hellforge itself stood here, near Dagon, and so on my way out I was able to pocket some samples and leave. I never looked back."