Masuta the Ascended is the second boss of the Temple of Aminishi elite dungeon. He is a member of the Council of Seven, who are essentially the Acolytes of Seiryu's leaders.
Shrine Maiden Elei has high praise for Masuta, commenting on his ability to defeat twenty acolytes bare-handed and would be content enough to even achieve a fraction of his power. Lady Himiko soon had a vision sent by Xau-Tak, who relayed it to the other members. Due to their beliefs, the Acolytes of Seiryu joined Xau-Tak. Masuta later met with The Ambassador and joined forces to bring it onto Gielinor. However, Masuta was soon slain by the World Guardian while attempting to hide Seiryu the Azure Serpent's corruption, who explored the temple at Bryll Thoksdottir's request.
Masuta would not remain dead for long, as he was eventually revived by the Ambassador's allies, although as a spirit. He would be slain again by the World Guardian and their allies who besieged the temple to stop the ritual.
In Story mode his health is reduced by 50% and his damage output is reduced by 90%.
In normal mode 2 drops are rolled: the 100% drop and a common mob drop.
In story mode Himiko's Vision is the only drop; however its drop rate is higher compared to normal mode.
Masuta drops onyx dust, unless his warspear or Himiko's Vision is dropped, which replaces the dust.
- ^ Amount dropped in Story mode is reduced to 500.
- ^ Has a base chance of 10+X/100 where X is the amount of normal mode kills.
|Relic of aminishi (common) (m)||1||Common||4,999||4,999|
|Relic of aminishi (uncommon) (m)||1||Uncommon||25,000||25,000|
|Weapon poison++ (1) (m)||1||Uncommon||8,756||86|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||1,026||45|
|Chimes (m)||150–350||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Menaphite gift offering (small) (m)||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Suspicious gunpowder (m)||1||Uncommon||25,000||25,000|
|Taijitu[n 1] (m)||1||Uncommon||66,669.16||66,669.16|
|Relic of aminishi (rare) (m)||1||Rare||1,000,000||1,000,000|
|Seiryu's claw (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Huge spiky rune salvage||1||Uncommon||38,411||40,000|
|Dark animica stone spirit (m)||1||Uncommon||2,826||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Stoneberry seed (m)||1||Rare||4||4|
|Stormberry seed (m)||1||Rare||4||4|
Masuta Master Solo Kills
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Killing Masuta the Ascended while he is standing above the hidden staircase will no longer prevent players from obtaining their loot.
- patch 2 July 2018 (Update):
- Masuta awards 1 KC in all situations outside of story mode.
- Masuta (マスタ) is "master" written in katakana minus the long-vowel mark.
- The titles of three of the feats from defeating Masuta are references to the song "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from the 1998 film Mulan.
- Upon release there was a glitch where the player(s) would get 1 killcount during the transition from phase 1 to 2. Upon killing him, a second kill would be added. This has since been fixed.
- Between phases 1 and 2, while Masuta is flying in the air, Masuta's main attack style is classified as Magic and is therefore susceptible to the Hexhunter bow. However, as the player is unable to do more than chip damage, this has no practical use against him. Furthermore, the rest of Masuta's stats match that of phase 2.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 29 June 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 October 2019.) Mod Shauny: "#RSHotfix: Temple of Aminishi lore books now have a greater chance of dropping in story mode than in normal mode."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 9 July 2018. Mod Orion: "1 kc would give a 1.1/10 chance. To put it clearer: Base chance is 10% 1kc=11% 50kc=60% 90kc=100%"