This article is about the NPC found on Tutorial Island. For the NPC found in the Cooks' Guild, see Head Chef
The Master chef (real name is Lev) is the third non-player character players meet on Tutorial Island. He teaches new players how to cook more like a real chef.
Until the point in the tutorial when new players meet the master chef, the only thing they would have cooked is shrimps on a log fire. He teaches new players how to bake bread by combining a flour with water to make bread dough, and then baking it in a range.
When Tutorial Island sank, he disappeared. He returned during Beneath Cursed Tides when it was revealed that all inhabitants of the island were cursed and morphed into sea creatures. During the quest the player has to do his task and the tasks of other instructors to break their curse.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 23 August 2021 (Update):
- The 'Prepare' option on the Cooking Tutor's table in the Beneath Cursed Tides quest is now hidden when the player has finished preparing Seaweed for the chef, instead of triggering a conversation with him that may have the wrong chathead if the chef is no longer crassianed.
- patch 10 August 2020 (Update):
- Added a missing texture to a roof tile on the Master Chef's house on Tutorial Island.
- patch 14 May 2018 (Update):
- Added to game along with reintroduction of Tutorial Island.
- Lev seems to be wielding a rolling pin, which members can buy from the Culinaromancer's Chest.
- In RuneScape 2, he was wielding a meat cleaver, which members can buy from the Culinaromancer's Chest.
- The pot of flour he gives in the tutorial can be obtained repeatedly by the drop trick. However, it is not possible to drop multiples pots of flour on the same spot. Examining it also does not bring up value information like the normal tradeable item. If you empty the pot, he will fill it instead of giving you another pot of flour.