Master quest cape
|Master quest cape|
|Release||7 December 2015 (Update)|
|Backpack||Wear, Check requirements, Activate|
|Cape worn by master adventurers.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The master quest cape is a cape which represents a player's achievements in quests and lore-related content. It is available to players who complete all quests, post-quest rewards, miniquests, find most lore-related books, and fulfil various other requirements. Players can buy the cape from Curator Haig Halen on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the Varrock Museum for 120,000 coins.
This cape is not a requirement for the completionist cape or its trimmed version. However, the master quest cape has many requirements that overlap with those capes. The master quest cape also has its own category in the Achievements interface, where a player can see their progress on requirements for the cape.
Unlike the quest point cape, the master quest cape does not have a detachable hood, similar to all other master capes which do not have a hood.
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Master quest cape inherits the perk of the base cape: it adds 30 seconds onto the player's Tears of Guthix time.
The Master quest cape gains a new perk that brings together a variety of lore-related teleports into one item.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
The teleports provided by this cape are:
- Ancient Guthix Temple
- Behind the Scenes
- Champions' Guild
- The Empty Throne Room
- Glacor Cave
- Fountain of Heroes
- Legends' Guild
- Tears of Guthix
- Varrock Museum
- World Gate
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||33.9||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Minimum skill level[edit | edit source]
The minimum levels required to obtain the master quest cape are:
|Total level: 2543|
|117[skillreqs 2]||91[skillreqs 1]||1|
|Hover for XP and rank. Ranks for RuneScape.|
- ^ a b c d A temporary boost may be used to reach that level, however a minimum (not boostable) level of 90 for all skills (except Invention) is required to complete some of the requirements.
- ^ At least level 117 Dungeoneering is required to access floor 59 to get the journals. Players do not need access to floor 60 which requires level 119, floor 59 will suffice.
This equates to a minimum of 391,671,319 experience across all skills which is more than triple of a master skill cape.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
There are 239 achievements in this subcategory (showing 239).
|Behemoth Notes||Yes||Find all Behemoth notes.||25|
|Tactless Analysis||Yes||Collect all 22 pages of dragonkin research in the Dragonkin Laboratory. (X/22)||20|
|A Mini Shipment||Yes||Loot the trunk in the Temple of Aminishi.||5|
|Of Kraken Ink||Yes||Collect the following lore books from bosses inside the Shadow Reef.||20|
|The Many Hands That Write||Yes||Collect the following lore books from bosses inside the Temple of Aminishi.||20|
|The Book of Elei||Yes||Collect all 22 pages of Elei's Diary in the Temple of Aminishi (X/22)[sic]||20|
|Supply and Demand||No||Complete five supply runs after the 'Death Plateau' quest.||10|
|Arise from the Ash||Yes||Defeat the phoenix once, after the 'In Pyre Need' quest.||10|
|All Rise||Yes||Complete all Court Cases.||50|
|Three's A Kiln||Yes||Claim the enhanced fire cape override, by giving a TokHaar-Kal-Ket, TokHaar-Kal-Xil, and TokHaar-Kal-Mej cape to TzHaar-Mej-Jeh.||15|
|Complete Trekky||Yes||Fully level up all Temple Trekking companions.||40|
|Eastern Adventurer||Yes||Complete storylines in your Player Owned Port.||0|
|Count All Light Fingers||Yes||Fully upgrade the Thieves' Guild.||20|
|Wandering Ga'al||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Skeletal Wishes||Yes||Help the Odd Old Man complete his creepy tasks.||15|
|Enough of the Crazy Walking||Yes||Purchase the Mad Ramblings.||20|
|Dragonkin Logs||Yes||Find and read Sakirth, Strisath and Kalibath's journals, and Phalaks' experiment log from adamant dragons.||20|
|Challenging Chat||Yes||Hear Vorago's introduction dialogue.||5|
|Measure of Old||Yes||Use the Measure to find the four Elder God chronicles.||10|
|You're Not My Real Mah||Yes||Unlock all ten elder chronicle entries.||25|
|Forcae's Mettle||Yes||Complete Forcae's journal. (X/10)||15|
|One Final Ride||No||Find and read the Last Riders book, dropped by the King Black Dragon.||20|
|Quiet but Deadly Lore||Yes||Defeat the Queen Black Dragon and obtain all four dragonkin journals.||30|
|History of Bilrach||Yes||Find all Chronicles of Bilrach.||40|
|Kal'gerion Notes||Yes||Find all Kal'gerion notes.||35|
|Stalker Notes||Yes||Find all Stalker notes.||30|
|Marmaros and Thok Letters||Yes||Find all Marmaros and Thok letters from Daemonheim.||20|
|Ocellus Virius Notus||Yes||Complete History of the Order of the Ascension. (X/22)||20|
|Goebie Relics||Yes||Find all Mazcab stone fragments and take them to the ancient statue.||5|
|Do a Minion, Take Notes||Yes||Complete the Dominion journal.||25|
|Otto the Ancient||Yes||Find all Ancient Cavern pages.||30|
|Kaiki's Tusks||Yes||Complete Kaigi's journal.||20|
|Daemonology of Celerity||Yes||Claim the malleus daemoniorum.||10|
|Daero Take This Experience?||Yes||Claim the XP reward from Daero following Monkey Madness.||10|
|Aereck's Old Bones||No||Claim ancient bones from Father Aereck after 'The Restless Ghost' quest.||5|
|Chivalry is Dead||Yes||Claim the post-quest rewards from 'The Death of Chivalry'.||10|
|Cran Door's Secret||No||Unlocked the secret door between Crandor and Karamja.||10|
|Epi Logueque Experience||Yes||Claim the experience reward and watch the epilogue following the 'While Guthix Sleeps' quest.||15|
|Cook's Delights||No||Claim the cook's extra rewards after the 'Cook's Assistant'.||5|
|Any Odd Chicken||No||Claim Professor Oddenstein's extra rewards after the 'Ernest the Chicken'.||5|
|Fred's Shearings||No||Claim 1,940 coins from Fred the Farmer after the 'Sheep Shearer' miniquest.||5|
|Reliquary of Cithara||Yes||Claim XP from the Holy Cithara.||10|
|Dishonourable Loot||Yes||Open and claim all loot chests during or after the 'Dishonour among Thieves' quest.||15|
|Claiming Azzanadra's Heart||Yes||Claim the medium XP lamp from Azzanadra after the 'Heart of Stone' quest.||10|
|Chippy Transport||Yes||Unlock the ability to chip teleport tablets to Trollheim.||10|
|For the Love of Mabel||Yes||Return Mabel's Ring from the 'Love Story' quest, and chop down the guard's tree.||15|
|Experience the Fate of the Gods||Yes||Claim and use the 'Fate of the Gods' XP lamps from Azzanadra and Wahisietel.||20|
|Gift from Sliske||Yes||Unlock Sliske's gift and the sixth-age circuit upgrade.||15|
|Here Was a Scabaras Mask||Yes||Gain access to the secret treasure room from 'Diamond in the Rough'.||5|
|Are You Needing Access?||Yes||Gain access to the secret treasure room from the 'Do No Evil' quest.||10|
|Do No Elite||Yes||Claim the elite clue scroll using Ava's alerter from the 'Do No Evil' quest.||10|
|Scribbling in the Depths||No||Obtain the hidden rewards after the 'Song from the Depths' quest.||10|
|Power of Three Spirits||Yes||Unlock the ability to grow three spirit trees at once.||10|
|Haul Comes to Templeton||Yes||Unlock the ability to trade noted artefacts with Simon Templeton.||10|
|Sentient Letters||Yes||Collect all of the letters from the Senntisten dig.||10|
|Tales of Nomad||Yes||Complete this Master miniquest.||15|
|Work for Idol Hands||No||Hand in all the demon statuettes from the Lumbridge Catacombs.||10|
|Ultimate Codex||Yes||Claim and read the Codex Ultimatus.||10|
|Looting the Demon Throne||Yes||Claim the gems from the demon throne during 'The Golem' quest.||10|
|Buy and Sell Some XP||Yes||Claim Thieving XP after the 'Buyers and Cellars' quest.||10|
|Keeping Up with the Carnilleans||Yes||Claim and use 7 experience lamps from Philipe Carnillean.||15|
|Blinded by Ramarno's Teaching||Yes||Claim Smithing XP from Ramarno after the 'Defender of Varrock' quest.||10|
|Buying Up Ancient Artefacts||Yes||Buy an ancient staff after the 'Desert Treasure' quest.||10|
|Naturally Muspah||Yes||Claim the reward lamp from the natural historian after 'The Tale of the Muspah' quest.||10|
|Squeal for Coins||Yes||Claim the coins from Yelps' cash bag after fighting him.||15|
|Challenge Maria||Yes||Complete all additional challenges from Maria and unlock all chests in the Gulvas mansion.||35|
|Banking History||Yes||Find all hidden treasure from the 'Making History' quest. (X/11)||25|
|Advanced Sweeping||Yes||Fully enchant your broomstick after the 'Swept Away' quest.||15|
|Many Shades of a Cure||Yes||Permanently cure Razmire Keelgan and Ulsquire Shauncy after the 'Shades of Mort'ton' quest.||10|
|Ivan is Flailing||Yes||Unlock the full power of the ivandis flail by burning vyre corpses in the Columbarium. (X/500)||10|
|Ice Ice Chimpy||Yes||Complete 25 chimp ice deliveries.||25|
|Master Bogreman||Yes||Unlock the Ogre bowman hat.||10|
|White Knight Rises||Yes||Achieve the Master White Knight rank.||20|
|Let us Give Ugthanks||Yes||Find and read the Ugthanatos journal.||25|
|Don't Fear the Ripper||Yes||Find and read all five miner's journals and the diary of Jebediah Omnis.||25|
|Diary of Oreb||Yes||Discover and read all five journals of The Magister.||25|
|The History of Slayer||Yes||Uncover all of the murals inside the Sunken Pyramid.||25|
|Scribblings of a Dragonkin||Yes||Find 'Vicendithas' Scribblings' located in the Edimmu Resource Dungeon.||25|
|Met Het Yet?||Yes||Gain access to the secret treasure room from 'Our Man in the North'.||5|
|Under Croc and Key||Yes||Gain access to the secret treasure room from 'Crocodile Tears'.||5|
|You Mistag This Brooch||Yes||Return Mistag's Brooch and claim a mining helmet after 'The Lost Tribe'.||10|
|Uzer Master||Yes||Clear the shortcut path in the Uzer Mastaba.||10|
|Unholy Crafting||Yes||Unlock the ability to craft unholy symbols.||5|
|Triple Trouble||Yes||Unlock the post-quest rewards of Tamayu, Tinsay and Tiadeche.||10|
|Summary Spirits||Yes||Claim the XP from all Wilderness spirit realm portals.||20|
|Tasty Bobbles||No||Unlock the Tim and Crunchy pets during or after 'Gower Quest'.||15|
|Stealing Sedridor's Stones||Yes||Fully loot Archmage Sedridor's chest.||20|
|Some Old Dusty Journals||Yes||Find and read the Ancient, Dusty and Weathered Tarddian journals.||20|
|Purple Cat (miniquest)||No||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
|Tales of the God Wars||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||20|
|Ali the Trader||Yes||Unlock all Rogue Trader merchandise.||15|
|As Taxed as a Yak||Yes||Gain access to the Contraband Yak Produce shop.||10|
|Brothers Gower||No||Claim the rewards from all three Gower brothers after 'Gower Quest'.||15|
|Brutal Stuffsies||Yes||Open Uglug's Stuffsies store by selling him Relicym's balm.||15|
|Chilling with Arrav||Yes||Put Arrav to rest after the 'Ritual of the Mahjarrat' quest.||20|
|Chivalry is Fed||Yes||Restore the cabbage patch after 'The Death of Chivalry'.||10|
|Complete History of Droalak||Yes||Free Droalak after the 'Making History' quest.||10|
|Distorted Div||Yes||Claim the one-time Divination XP from a distorted engrammeter.||10|
|Herbi's Flax||Yes||Give Herbi Flax's diary to the Varrock apothecary.||10|
|I Can See For Miles and Miles||Yes||Unlocked all beacon keepers and fully unlock the beacon map by providing the keepers with macaw pouches.||30|
|Learning from Mr Mordaut||Yes||Claim and use the Divination XP lamp from Mr. Mordaut after 'One of a Kind'.||10|
|Lurgon's Run||Yes||Unlock the Dorgesh-kaan food trading minigame.||10|
|Oyster Mash||Yes||Feed the giant oyster on Tutorial Island.||5|
|Paint it Red||Yes||Uncover the secrets of haemalchemy, after 'River of Blood'.||20|
|Respect the Balance||Yes||Pay respects and light the torches in Guthix's shrine.||15|
|Grondaban's legacy||Yes||Obtain Grondaban's stalker notes from the stalker dungeon.||5|
|Lovingly Crafted||Yes||Discover and read all five Horror journals.||10|
|Roake Kal||Yes||Decipher all four murals in the sunken temple.||10|
|Trickster's Trinkets||Yes||Discover all the trinkets and restore the old necklace after 'You Are It'.||5|
|Meeting your Idols||Yes||Investigate an overgrown Karamjan idol to discover an ancient tale.||5|
|I Know. I Was There...||Yes||Obtain personal stories from Edgeville regarding the destruction after 'The Ritual of Mahjarrat'.||5|
|Guthix and the Chamber of Secrets||Yes||Learn about Guthix's core memories in the Hall of Memories.||10|
|Claiming the Knight's Experience||No||Claim the smithing lamp from Squire Asrol after 'Knight's Sword'.||10|
|Pulling on the Threads||Yes||Discover all of the chapters in 'The Needle Skips' and then claim your reward from Megan.||10|
|Circus of Fire||Yes||Unlock the firemaker's outfit from the circus.||5|
|Got a Vyre Reputation||Yes||Unlock the Vyrelord/Vyrelady title and reach maximum reputation with the vyres.||10|
|Dusting Murial||Yes||Update the Dragonkin Primer with murals in Brimhaven Dungeon and Mount Firewake.||25|
|Miscellaneous Notes||Yes||Find Misc. Dungeoneering journals 1 through 15.||15|
|Witch's Potion||No||Complete this Novice miniquest.||5|
|On a Mission from...the Gods||Yes||Complete the 'God Emissaries' miniquest.||10|
|Azdaran Birthright||Yes||Complete the Azdaran document.||15|
|Explore for Nestor||Yes||Find and read the explorer's notes in the Keldagrim library.||10|
|Deep and Bloody Experience||Yes||Claim the XP reward after the 'Blood Runs Deep' quest.||15|
|Impressing Char||Yes||Create Char's most treasured symbol in her training cave.||10|
|I Dig This Transportation||Yes||Unlock Dig Site pendants.||10|
|Penny for Your Life||Yes||Unlock all rewards from the 'Dimension of Disaster' quest.||45|
|Chivalry is Threads||Yes||Unlock Templar and Dulcin armour after 'The Death of Chivalry'.||10|
|Trials of the Heart||Yes||Claim the Helmet of Trials.||20|
|Fires Are Mostly Harmless||Yes||Light the campfire and find a haul of exotic herbs and herb seeds after the 'Fairy Tale III' quest.||15|
|Ape A'hollow||Yes||Unblock the hollow log and tunnel shortcut after the 'Fairy Tale III' quest.||15|
|Milky Teeth||Yes||Give the Tooth Fairy five teeth and claim a tooth creature pet.||10|
|Rusty Reward||Yes||Take the order to Braindeath and claim the Rusty Anchor's bartender's reward.||15|
|That'll Teach Bill||Yes||Claim 10,000 coins from Bill Teach after the 'Cabin Fever' quest.||10|
|Clue's in the Monkey Drool||Yes||Receive the medium clue scroll from a monkey in your backpack.||10|
|Caving into the Gains||Yes||Claim the XP from the cave paintings and claim 5,000 coins from Explorer Jack in the Land of Snow.||5|
|Mysteries of the TokHaar||Yes||Fully interact and claim all XP from the mysterious statues after the 'One of a Kind' quest.||15|
|Azacorax's Rewards||Yes||Speak to Azacorax after the 'Rune Memories' quest and gain Magic or Prayer XP.||10|
|Library of Nex||Yes||Find and read the books from the Nex: Angel of Death encounter.||25|
|Ornate Crockery||Yes||Create the big bowl for Tears of Guthix.||10|
|Gunning for Jewellery||No||Engrave all of Dororan's jewellery.||10|
|Bloodstained Treasure||Yes||Obtain hidden runes from Meiyerditch laboratory and blood altar ruins.||15|
|Cecilia, I'm Begging You, Please...||No||Tell Sister Cecilia whether to leave or stay after 'One Piercing Note'.||5|
|One Man's Junk...Is Mine||Yes||Fully loot Movario's base.||20|
|Last of the Summer Swine||Yes||Fully upgrade the pig creation machine after the 'Bringing Home the Bacon' quest.||10|
|Load of Bakulla||Yes||Hear the Epic of Bukalla in the Rellekka longhall.||5|
|My Adze is Bigger than Yours||Yes||Speak to King Roald with the inferno adze equipped.||25|
|Relight My Fire||Yes||Re-kindle the Dragon Forge.||20|
|Rogue Down||Yes||Free the Wilderness portal rogue trader.||15|
|Shadow Hanging Over Me||No||Claim all treasure from the chests during (or from Gudrik after) the 'A Shadow over Ashdale' quest.||5|
|Diary of the Gods||Yes||Find all five God Wars journals||25|
|Icthlarin's Little Chest||Yes||Loot the chest from the pyramid during or after 'Icthlarin's Little Helper'.||10|
|Cower Behind the Chosen Commander||Yes||Claim the goblin cower shield.||10|
|Dishonourable Gains||Yes||Open and claim all XP chests during or after the 'Dishonour among Thieves' quest.||15|
|Nano To Kipple, Come In Kipple||Yes||Claim the Kipple Nano pet.||5|
|Death to the Mahjarrat||Yes||Discover all the mahjarrat deathstones in Freneskae.||20|
|Sheep Shearer||No||Complete this Novice miniquest.||5|
|Scabigail||Yes||Complete the Scabaras research.||10|
|Annihilator||Yes||Earn 'the Annihilator' title by fighting all four nihil at once.||20|
|Harbinger||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Bane Tuner||Yes||Unlock the spell: Tune Banite Ore.||25|
|Out into the Ourania||Yes||Unlock the spell: Ourania Teleport.||15|
|Kudos to You||Yes||Reach full Kudos with the Varrock Museum. (X/198)||25|
|Enter the Abyss||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
|Hopespear's Will||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||10|
|Lair of Tarn Razorlor||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||15|
|One Foot in the Grave||Yes||Complete this Master miniquest.||15|
|Stay Safe||No||Fully complete the Stronghold of Player Safety.||5|
|Stay Secure||No||Fully complete the Stronghold of Security.||5|
|Bridge over Fremmy Waters||Yes||Complete all the unabridged Fremennik Sagas.||15|
|Deadlier Catch||Yes||Hunt the Thalassus until it flees for good. (X/11)||10|
|Claus is Rising||Yes||Claim a reward from Claus after doing him a favour.||10|
|What's Mine is Also Doric's||Yes||Complete all of the Doric and Boric tasks.||10|
|Seren Memories||Yes||Deposit Seren memoriam crystals, then search the Sanctum alcove.||20|
|Bandos's Memories||Yes||Recover all 14 of Bandos's memories on Yu'biusk.||15|
|Troublesome Crystals||Yes||Find all of the memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.||10|
|I'm Forever Washing Shadows||Yes||Aid Lord Amlodd in cleansing shadow cores.||10|
|Potion for a Lady||Yes||Help Lady Meilyr to retrieve her lost potion recipes.||15|
|Uncorrupted Ore||Yes||Aid Lady Trahaearn in removing some corruption.||10|
|Diaries of the Clans||Yes||Find the clan journal pages from the Hefin Agility Course in Prifddinas.||10|
|Myreque in Memoriam||Yes||Complete construction of the Myreque memorial and help Veliaf to move on.||15|
|Tuai Leit's Own||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Ghosts from the Past||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Final Destination||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||20|
|Around the World in Six Ways||Yes||Unlock all hot-air balloon travel routes.||15|
|EEEEAGLE!||Yes||Fully unlock all eagle transport routes.||15|
|Umbral Diplomacy||Yes||Collect all 22 pages of Umbral Diplomacy in the Shadow Reef (X/22)[sic]||20|
|Family Spirit Tree||Yes||Reconnect the Prifddinas spirit tree with her brethren.||10|
|Sing for the Lady||Yes||Help Lady Ithell with crystal singing research.||10|
|Make Them Bleed||Yes||Perform well enough in Rush of Blood to impress Morvran.||20|
|Head of the Family||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Spiritual Enlightenment||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|As Clear as a Crystal Seed||Yes||Unlock the Temple of Light teleport after 'Within the Light'.||15|
|Mixing in Ancient Circles||Yes||Restore the fairy ring in the Ancient Cavern by planting 5 bittercap mushrooms.||10|
|Rebuilding Edgeville||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||5|
|To Thaw a Frozen Heart||Yes||Thaw all the frozen snow implings in Yeti Town after 'Violet is Blue'. (X/4)||10|
|Angs Off My Ring||Yes||Return the wedding ring after 'The Light Within'.||15|
|Memories of Guthix||Yes||Attune and hand all engrams in to the Memorial of Guthix.||20|
|Zarosian Memories||Yes||Deposit Zarosian memoriam crystals, then search the Sanctum alcove.||20|
|Desert Slayer Dungeon||Yes||Defeat four boss monsters after the 'Smoking Kills' quest.||20|
|Koschei's Cache||Yes||Complete the 'Koschei's Troubles' miniquest and unlock all jewel memories.||15|
|Mask of Dragith Nurn||No||Assemble the five parts of the Mask of Dragith Nurn from the Lumbridge Catacombs.||10|
|Father and Son||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Helping Laniakea (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|A New Direction||Yes||Reunite Irwinsson with his lost compass.||10|
|Mahjarrat Memories||Yes||Recover all 15 memories for Kharshai during the Mahjarrat Memories miniquest.||30|
|Mysteries - Guild||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Research - Guild||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Mysteries - Kharid-et||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Mysteries - Warforge||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Mysteries - Everlight||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Mysteries - Infernal Source||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Mysteries - Stormguard Citadel||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Research - Everlight||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Research - Infernal Source||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Research - Kharid-et||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Research - Stormguard Citadel||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Research - Warforge||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Sins of the Father||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Following In The Footsteps||Yes||Find out the outcome of the research continued by Vicendithas.||20|
|Mysteries - Orthen||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||0|
|Research - Orthen||Yes||Complete all of the listed research.||0|
|Damage Control||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Jed Hunter||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Eye for an Eye||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Flag Fall||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
|Dragon Ink||Yes||Collect the following lore books from bosses inside the Dragonkin Laboratory.||20|
|Quest Cape||Yes||Earn all quest points to be able to obtain the quest cape.||0|
|I Presume These Rewards Are Mine, Death?||Yes||Claim all rewards from the statue of Death after the 'Missing, Presumed Death' quest.||20|
|A Guild of Our Own||Yes||Complete this Master miniquest.||5|
|From Tiny Acorns||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||5|
|Lost Her Marbles||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||5|
|The Curse of Zaros||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||15|
|Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||10|
|Foreshadowing (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Tortle Combat (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||5|
|Redistribution of knowledge||Yes||Claim Thieving XP from Caelyn Kadaan after 'Heartstealer'.||5|
|Flashback (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
Design process[edit | edit source]
Mod Manti gave the players a few options for the design of the cape in the forum thread and on Twitter. Players could choose the icon for the cape, with the options being:
- The retro quest icon
- The quest icon used on the flag in the Max Guild garden.
- The compass icon (Adventures menu icon)
Of these options, the second option won a strawpoll. Besides the icon players were asked to choose the trim colour of the cape:
- A two-tone cyan outer trim
- A cyan trim
- A trim of the same colour as the icon colours
The winning option for this strawpoll was the second option.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Curator Haig Halen||120,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- The tasks in the MQC list are now in the correct alphabetical order.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- Master quest cape's teleport to the Legends' Guild now respects the location toggle option chosen from the cape of legends.
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- The achievement Some Old Dusty Journals for the Master quest cape will now correctly trigger when reading the journals in any order.
- Pieces of the Mask of Dragith Nurn can now be dropped from catacomb creatures if they were previously destroyed, allowing players that require the drops for the Master Quest Cape requirement to obtain them again.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The check-requirements option on master quest cape will now provide feedback if you meet all requirements.
- patch 13 August 2018 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Glacor Cavern via the Master Quest Cape will now apply the Stone of Jas boost.
- The Master Quest Cape will no longer be disabled from your keepsake after logging back in.
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- The Master Quest Cape now allows you to teleport to the Legends' Guild, the World Gate, Varrock Museum, the Empty Throne Room and several more locations.
- hotfix 05 September 2017 (Update):
- The date displayed about the Menaphos amnesty period when equipping a Completionist or Master Quest cape was corrected.
- patch 10 July 2017 (Update):
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- The missing Memoriam crystal tasks have been added to the Master Quest Cape Achievements tab.
- coldfix 18 April 2017 (Update):
- hotfix 6 March 2017 (Update):
- The Master quest cape check for the Last Riders book is now also set when reading the book, for players that obtained the book from a solo kill.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- The unlock message for the master quest cape's requirement to collect all journals from adamant dragons has been clarified.
- patch 25 July 2016 (Update):
- Unlocking Tim and Crunchy pets have been added to the Master Quest Cape requirements.
- patch 3 May 2016 (Update):
- Uncovering the secrets of haemalchemy is now a master quest cape requirement.
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- The master quest cape is now correctly greyed out when keepsaked if the requirements are not met.
- Players no longer need to log out and in to re-equip their keepsaked master quest cape or completionist capes after achieving the last requirement.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Reworded the "Unlocked the Vyrelord title" requirement for Master Quest Cape to be more informative.
- patch 4 January 2016 (Update):
- Corrected a typo in the Master Quest cape requirement list for Buyers and Cellars.
- Fixed a typo when the Master Quest cape is removed due to requirements no longer being met.
- patch 14 December 2015 (Update):
- The master quest cape requirement for the fully upgraded pig pouch machine is now considered complete if the machine is set to produce combat pigs.
- Reworded the following master quest cape requirements for clarity:
- Completed the Koschei's Troubles miniquest and unlocked all jewel memories.
- Unlocked the ability to trade noted artefacts to Simon Templeton.
- Found the hidden Ga'al.
- Fixed a typo in the "Created the Big Bowl for Tears of Guthix" master quest cape requirement.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All requirements were suggested by either Mod Manti or the community and then either accepted or rejected as seen on this thread and its predecessor on the RuneScape Forums. This is why some requirements were changed before release. Below are some examples:
- The chompy bird requirement was lowered from 4000 to 30 kills.
- The Archmage title was rejected as a requirement for this cape. However the chest containing essences in his office is required and that requires level 99 in Runecrafting.
- Due to community feedback, the name of the cape was changed from quest point master cape to quest master cape. Later on it was renamed again to its final name master quest cape.
- The cape did not get a related title at the time of the release; however, one could be added in the future.
- After the player buys their first master quest cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
Bought my first master quest cape.
I have bought my first quest master cape and proven to be a master of quests and lore.
- Upon release, there was no broadcast for the first player to buy the cape because the list of requirements was made available beforehand.
- Despite the stated requirement of having completed all quests, the actual requirement is having maximum quest points. Thus, it is not actually necessary to complete all quests to meet this requirement if a player completed the original version of a later reworked quest. At present, only completion of Demon Slayer and Wolf Whistle are not required as every other reworked quest is a prerequisite for other master quest cape requirements.
- The 114 Farming level requirement is due to Family Spirit Tree, which requires the player grow spirit trees in every patch. However, players who completed the achievement prior to the addition of Manor Farm's spirit tree patch did not lose the achievement on its release, and could acquire the cape with a lower Farming level.
- There was once a glitch where Prifddinian tree leaves were replaced by the master quest cape icon.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 23 November 2015. Ninja Team Forums. Lost reference
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 3 September 2015. Ninja Team Forums. Lost reference
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 12 October 2015. Ninja Team Forums. Lost reference
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 13 November 2015. Ninja Team Forums. Lost reference
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 23 November 2015. Ninja Team Forums. Lost reference