|Release date||9 March 2020 (Update)|
|End date||23 March 2020 (Update)|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||Winter Chill Off|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Master Crafting was a time-limited event that started on 9 March 2020 and ended on 23 March 2020. During the event, players were able to earn master crafting patches that could be turned in to the Master Crafter for rewards. Players earned 10% more patches while training Crafting, and earned 5% more while training Smithing, Fletching, or Construction.
In addition, players of any level were able to enter the Crafting Guild to train, where they received a 10% experience boost while training Crafting there, and a 5% experience boost for training any other skill. The 10% Crafting boost stacked additively with the 5% overall boost, for a total of 15% more Crafting experience earned while training Crafting within the guild. Ironman accounts, however, were not able receive the additional experience. The Crafting Guild also gained several new additions: players could find looms, a furnace, and an inventor's workbench. These additions remained after the event ended.
Master Crafting Noticeboards could be found in various locations promoting the event.
Login messages[edit | edit source]
Logging in during the event prompted one of the following messages:
Shop[edit | edit source]
Players were able to purchase additional master crafting patches through the event interface.
|Master crafting patches x 500||Provided 500 Master crafting patches||45 RuneCoins|
|Master crafting patches x 2,500||Provided 2500 Master crafting patches||240 RuneCoins|
|Master crafting patches x 5,000||Provided 5000 Master crafting patches||385 RuneCoins|
|Master crafting patches x 5,000||Provided 5000 Master crafting patches||1 Bond|
|Master crafting patches x 10,000||Provided 10,000 Master crafting patches||2 Bonds|
|Master crafting patches x 20,000||Provided 20,000 Master crafting patches||3 Bonds|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 250 or 500 patches could be converted into an event mystery box or big event mystery box, respectively; right-clicking the patches gave a 'Convert' option. Since the small boxes gave three items and the large boxes gave only five for twice the price, it was recommended to convert into small boxes, unless you were trying to avoid prismatic stars. Ironmen could not convert patches into mystery boxes.
- During the event, the jewellery benefits reward allowed players to smelt gold and silver ore 1.2 seconds faster, receive 250% more experience when smelting gold and silver bars, and cast gold and silver items 0.6 seconds faster inside the Crafting Guild. This benefit was not available in Ironman Mode.
- During the event, the Mining benefits reward allowed players to receive 50% more experience when mining gold and silver rocks, and mining clay rocks awarded soft clay instead of clay inside the Crafting Guild. This benefit was not available in Ironman Mode.
- During the event, the urn benefits reward allowed players to use the pottery wheel 50% faster, use the pottery oven 80% faster, and receive 100% more experience when crafting urns. This benefit was not available in Ironman Mode.
|Master crafting patches||Reward milestone|
|800||Temporary bank chest unlock|
|2,250||Master crafter goggles|
|3,750||Master crafter saw|
|7,000||Master crafter gloves|
|8,500||Master crafter boots|
|11,500||Master crafter trousers|
|13,000||Master crafter chestpiece|
|15,500||Master crafter hammer|
|17,000||Master crafter screwdriver|
|18,500||Master crafter hatchet|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the event, if a player went up a crafting level within the Crafting Guild, the Master Crafter congratulated them by shouting out . This was visible for everyone looking above the head of the Master Crafter. It showed once and did not appear in a players chat.
- On crowded worlds (like world 2) there was a common trolling trend where players started as many fires as they could in the Crafting Guild. This made it very hard for mobile users to play the game in that area. All the extra animations were quite system heavy and often resulted in the game lagging and crashing. This was also an issue for some players using a computer. People still tried to play in these crowded areas due to the pulse core boosts going off very often and almost constantly giving people 10% extra experience. It was also common for trolls to use very large pets and animated outfits to make matters even worse for mobile users.