Maple Trees are trees that can be cut down with level 45 Woodcutting, giving the player 100 woodcutting experience per maple log. This can be increased to 110 woodcutting experience per log by equipping a Seers' headband 2 or better. On Miscellania cutting Maple Trees raises popularity and only gives 0.1 experience.
The old look of the Maple tree.
Note: Free players can only chop Maple Trees at the Daemonheim Peninsula resource dungeon. The most efficient way to bank the logs is to use the ring of kinship to teleport to Daemonheim and then run back to the mysterious entrance. There is also a ship nearby that can sail to Al Kharid where there is a bank near the dock.
Respawn time does not depend on world population and Maple Trees will always respawn in 53 seconds.
- Bird's nests have a chance of falling out of this tree.
At level 24 Hunter, wearing a strung rabbit foot gives a better chance of getting a drop.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 300%.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 400%.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Fixed a texturing problem with maple tree stumps.
- Before the Dungeoneering update on 19 July 2010, maple trees could only be cut on a members world, despite maple logs not being a members-only item. Free players could only obtain maple logs by buying them from members.
- When a player chops down a maple tree in Runescape HD, the tree stump appears similar to its low detail counterpart.
- This tree's examine text is a reference to the sap obtained from maple trees that is used make syrup in real life.
- Previously, maple trees looked like yew trees but with red-orange leaves.
- Maple trees received a graphical update on 17 August 2011. However, the new look could only be seen on the Daemonheim Woodcutting Island or player-grown trees.
- After the 6 March 2012 update for the gnome lands, the wood-bearing tree patches that were planted in the area were glitched.
- On 20 March 2012, all maple trees were graphically updated except for ones that were planted in player-owned houses.
- Until the release of elder and crystal trees, maple trees were marked on the map with the "rare tree" symbol.