|Release||19 December 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||Forgotten knowledge from the shadow realm has been condensed by your training.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
Manifested knowledge appears as a result of the set effect Shadow-touched training that occurs when the player has the Ring of Whispers, Necklace of Shadows, and the Combined Catalyst fragment equipped (not in inventory). These items are all rewards from Sliske's Endgame.
While training a skill, a wisp will appear to the player every 4 minutes, following the previous one's spawn, and lasts for up to 1 minute before disappearing. Clicking it grants experience in the skill that the player was training when it appeared. If the Chronicle Absorption curse is active when the wisp spawns, the wisp will be automatically harvested.
When a wisp appears, a filterable message says:
- Your training has caused remnants of knowledge from the shadow realm to coalesce nearby.
and after harvesting the wisp:
Experience[edit | edit source]
Harvesting manifested knowledge awards 10% of a small experience lamp's experience. This is not affected by any kind of bonus experience or experience-boosting sets. Therefore, at level 99 in a skill, the player could gain 12,900 additional experience an hour from manifested knowledge.
Standard skill[edit | edit source]
Table of experience
Elite skill[edit | edit source]
Table of experience
Comparison with a Wise off-hand[edit | edit source]
While training, it is common to use equipment with the Wise Invention perk to increase experience rate. However, most skills have an experience-boosting set occupying the body and legs slots, and several have augmented tools occupying the main-hand slot (with more beneficial perks than Wise). Thus, when the only slot available is the off-hand, there is competition between an augmented item with Wise and the catalyst fragment. (Of course, this is ignoring the other effects of the catalyst fragment. Additionally, if any of the body, legs, or main-hand, are free, a Wise item can be used there instead.)
Manifested knowledge is dependent only on the level of the skill being trained, whereas Wise is dependent on the base experience rate of the action. As such, Wise is better at high experience rates per hour while manifested knowledge is better at lower experience rates per hour. Specifically, at each level, there is a borderline value: below the borderline, the catalyst fragment is better, and above it Wise is better.
Borderline values (XP/hr) Level Wise 1 Wise 2 Wise 3 Wise 4 80 597,000 298,500 199,000 149,250 85 736,500 368,250 245,500 184,125 90 918,000 459,000 306,000 229,500 95 1,129,500 564,750 376,500 282,375 98+ 1,290,000 645,000 430,000 322,500
Note that manifested knowledge also requires the necklace and ring slots, which can have other items equipped if Wise is being used. For example, you could also wear Grace of the Elves and Luck of the Dwarves.
Additionally, utilising the Mobile perk with the Bladed Dive and Surge abilities is very beneficial for some skills (e.g. Runecrafting via the Abyss) - Bladed Dive in particular requires an off-hand weapon, not the catalyst fragment.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Siphoning a manifested knowledge whilst tuning a harp will now stop the tuning animation correctly.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Manifested knowledge can now spawn when firing pottery.
- Manifested knowledge will now appear as expected when grabbing feathers from the desert phoenix, if wearing the correct equipment.
- patch 3 July 2017 (Update):
- Players can now interact with the magic carpet dust and manifest knowledge after logging out and back in again.
- patch 9 January 2017 (Update):
- Players can now pick up manifested knowledge that spawns during agility training at the Advanced barbarian outpost course. If it spawns while using the balance beam, then it will appear on the platform below you.
- Manifested knowledge will now spawn on the central platform when using the Hefin serenity posts.
- The message for spawning manifested knowledge with the shadow-touched training set effect has been unfiltered.
|Part 6 of the Sliske quest series|