|Release date||10 January 2007 (Update)|
|Examine||Not a very convincing disguise.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Maisa is first met during Contact!, where she was posted to Menaphos to gather intelligence. She was supposed to be relieved from her posting by Kaleef, but he met his demise while traversing the tunnels below Sophanem. As a result, she is unable to leave. After the player informs her of Kaleef's death and earns her trust, Maisa will instruct the player in contacting Osman to personally come and rescue her.
After Contact! is completed, she is encountered once again in Sophanem, where she fakes her own death using a Cadava potion. After awakening from her potion-induced slumber, she reveals a new tunnel system she learnt about while conducting her espionage duties and the rationale for faking her death. Maisa then tasks the player to explore said tunnel and kill any scarabs they find, but not before informing the High Priest first in order to prevent a diplomatic incident from occurring.
The polarity of her qualities as an agent is bought up when mention of her is made to Osman. While skilled and loyal (albeit grudgingly) to her cause, Maisa is susceptible to the more emotional side of her personality, evidenced by her outburst upon learning the demise of her colleague and her thirst for revenge against Scarabs.
She can no longer be found in-game after completing Dealing with Scabaras.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During "Contact!", she wears a humorous disguise with fake glasses, nose, and moustache. This is based on Groucho glasses inspired by comedian Groucho Marx.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Well, you know my partner, Kaleef, was slain below the city by those foul Scabaras creatures."
- ^ Parchment (Contact!), "Contact!", RuneScape. "Your mission is to contact our agent inside Menaphos. Use the tunnels beneath the temple of lesser gods. Be vigilant of traps and the hostile natives. They're about as welcoming as the Menaphites only slightly better looking."
- ^ Maisa, "Contact!", RuneScape. "No, I hardly knew him. He was meant to tell me how to get out of Menaphos; now that he's dead, I'm stuck here."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Well, as you know, passage between the two cities is still rather restricted and I'm not exactly keen to be searched, prodded or investigated too closely."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "I suppose you should talk to the High Priest of Icthlarin first, though. I wouldn't want to cause too much of a diplomatic incident. I don't want my job to be harder than it already is."
- ^ Osman, "Contact!", RuneScape. "Ah, Maisa. A great talent, but far too highly strung."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "I sometimes regret having made my vows to the service of Al Kharid."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "More his personality. He sent Kaleef to his doom without a single qualm. He's up to far more bad than good."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "I'm still loyal to Al Kharid, if not the big 'O', so I'll not speak anymore."
- ^ "Contact!", RuneScape. "You wait a moment until Maisa's cries subside."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Since then, I have been researching how to take my revenge upon them."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Oh, yes! Then kill anything that looks even a tiny bit like a beetle!"
|Part 5 of the Desert quest series|
|Part 6 of the Desert quest series|