|Build name||Mahogany telescope|
|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
A mahogany telescope can be built in the telescope hotspot of the study in a player-owned house. It requires 84 Construction, 2 mahogany planks, and 1 piece of molten glass to build. When built, it earns the player 281 experience.
As with all telescopes, it can be used for stargazing and tracking Shooting Stars. It can predict the star's landing time within an error margin of 2 minutes. This is also the highest level telescope that can be built in a player's study.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- The examines for the POH telescopes have been updated as part of the hidden achievement A Brief History of Telescopes. Patch note: "Updated some telescope examines."
- patch 2 September 2009 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with reading a skill guide or quest journal while watching a shooting star through a telescope.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text used to be "Used for observing heavenly bodies."
- The examine text is a reference to physicist Stephen Hawking, who died on 14 March 2018, being a quote of his.
|Lectern space (Lectern)|
|Crystal ball space (Crystal balls)|
|Wall chart space|
|Bookcase space (Bookcase)|