Magic training dummy
|Magic training dummy|
|Release||11 August 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|Backpack||Deploy, Convert, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Deploy this to create an elite training dummy, on which to train your magic skills.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
When deployed, a magic training dummy will appear. It can be placed down in most locations excluding banks, the wilderness and certain minigames. The combat level of the dummy is the owner's magic level with a maximum combat level of 99.
The dummy can be attacked and defeated up to 5 times. For each defeat, the player receives experience based on the combat level of the dummy in Magic and/or Defence (depending on your settings) and Constitution. After the 5th defeat, the dummy is destroyed. Defeating a dummy the fifth time provides increased experience.
The dummy can be attacked by other players. They can deal up to 10% of the damage necessary to kill it and will receive 10% of the experience that they would have gained if they had owned it. The owner's experience is not reduced. The experience is given once the owner has defeated the dummy. Experience gained from the dummy is scaled to the attacker's current combat level and is based on whatever combat style is chosen. If the owner is not doing any damage to the dummy other players cannot do damage. At level 99, the player who placed the dummy will gain 13,673 combat-style experience along with 4,511 Constitution experience.
The dummies have a few restrictions:
- Abilities that affect multiple tiles or multiple targets will not deal any damage at all.
- Attacks that drain life will not work. - They still can damage the Dummy, however they do not heal.
- Summoning familiars cannot damage the dummies
- The dwarven multicannon does not work on the dummies.
- Dummies cannot be placed directly next to each other.
- Poison does not work.
- Using augmented weapons and armour still drain charges but do not gain experience.
Due to the above mentioned restrictions, this revolution++ bar is more optimal to use for faster afk kills:
Magic training dummies, like all other combat training dummies, can be converted at a 3:2 ratio into other combat training dummies.
Experience[edit | edit source]
|Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP||Dummy Level||Combat XP||Constitution XP|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 February 2021 (Update):
- The target info panel is now displayed correctly for training dummies.
- update 3 August 2020 (Update):
- All 3 types of combat training dummies have now been turned into 1 generic combat dummy.
- update 1 June 2020 (Update):
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):.
- Combat training dummies can now be converted into other forms of combat dummy at a rate of 3 to 2, similar to skilling dummies.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to place combat dummies on top of portable skilling locations.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Constitution and defence abilities will now damage combat training dummies.
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer attack elite training dummies with the wrong attack style.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Combat dummies can no longer be placed in the safe zone past the Wilderness wall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dummy bears a resemblance to the melee form of a crystal shapeshifter.
Elite training dummies