A magic evil tree can be found while playing the Distractions and diversions Evil Tree. This is one of the most popular Evil Trees among tree hunters because magic logs are rewarded to players when it is defeated. To defeat a Magic Evil Tree, players must have level 75 Woodcutting. In addition, players must have 75 Firemaking if they wish to set the tree on fire, which causes continuous damage to the tree. The tree's health can be checked by inspecting the tree. You can find out when the next tree is ready to be cut by talking to a Spirit tree.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for that.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping the roots and the tree itself gains Woodcutting experience. Chopping the roots earns 25 Woodcutting xp while chopping the main tree earns 125 Woodcutting xp.
- Previously, a player's backpack would fill before the leprechaun's magic would then start banking the logs with a message saying "The logs are magically escorted to your bank." and a glimmering animation would appear above the player's head. Now, all logs are banked regardless of a full inventory.
- Players received 14 experience for chopping Evil roots and 72 experience for chopping the Evil magic tree until a ninja update took place, nearly doubling the amount of experience gained by players.
- Despite the graphical update for trees in RuneScape, magic evil trees have limbs that resemble the old magic tree leaves.